That sounds a little traumatic, doesn't it?
What I should have probably titled this was "What do you do with yourself after you've been sunburned on a vacation?" That's probably a little more fitting. To tell you the truth, we spent ONE DAY on the lake. Why? Well clearly, someone(s) got some major sunburns while playing around. This includes myself. You wouldn't think it would be possible for someone who has an advantage of a natural tan to be able to burn, but lo and behold. YES. HISPANICS DO SUNBURN. This one in particular on her face and shoulders. But just a little. In any case, it was enough for it to burn a little more while "shopping" in Marble Falls.
Shopping.
There's another interesting topic for a vacation. I think it's funny that the older I get the more my shopping habits tend to be straying away from fun things like clothes and shoes and more towards things such as:
1. Kitchenware. Hooray for any and all things kitchen related!
2. Bedroom decorations. This includes bedspreads, sheets, quilts and other comfy, fluffy things that belong in the bedroom.
3. Decorations. Photo frames. Art. You name it, I look at it.
Where did the days of looking for things for me go? Suddenly I come home with more stuff for my house than for myself. I didn't even find a cute set of earrings or something to bring home with me! When did my vocabulary start to include stores like: William-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, The Container Store, and Sur la Table? Good grief? Is this what sinking into adulthood is all about? Someone help me please!
Don't get me wrong. There is something to be said for nesting. That's right. Nesting. Then again, isn't our general objective most days to surround ourselves with things that make us happy and comfortable? I guess this goes beyond looking for the people who help us achieve that objective and finding those inanimate objects to reach this goal as well.
That being said... I only got a dog mat (to place under Oso's water bowl) and some bbq rub (I finally got some Jim!) on this go round. Lila was in pain from her awful sunburn (probably helped my pocketbook some in a round about way...).
Anyways, hooray adulthood. Bring on the Pottery Barn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment