The flight home went fairly smoothly, despite the fact that I was sitting next to what had to be a less than three month old baby and a bratty four-five year old through the whole three hour flight. I thought I was surely in A LOT of trouble when the baby wouldn't stop crying and the four/five year old couldn't understand why he had to stay buckled in through takeoff. Luckily, both of them went to sleep and pretty much slept through the WHOLE trip! THANK GOODNESS! I flew into DFW where I met my mother's friend and she and I went running around the Metroplex doing various errands in our wake. We ended up spending the night at her "ranch" (and if I ever find pics of the thing, you'll see why I put that in quotation marks).
And here is where I want to insert the really "interesting" pics!
We started off our journey w/ me driving a truck, mom's friend driving her mustang cobra and her son driving his old explorer (the truck will be his after today). Unfortunately, he noticed he had a flat... and the flat later proved to be our demise about 30 min later when we had to pull over to change it. Oh! And that wasn't the only exciting thing to happen to us! Her son managed to get pulled over by a DPS officer, but THANKFULLY he only got off with a warning. (whew!)Last night was spent hanging with the family... as I have had a cousin come into town that hasn't been here in many, many years. So of course, my aunt made some good brisket (that's a beef brisket for all you PA folk!) and other yummy fixings. It was too good... definitely what I've been missing up in Happy Valley. Today should prove to be mostly uneventful; I should have gone running this morning, but then again, there's always this evening for it as well. I do need to keep up with the routine though!
More Texas updates later!





No comments:
Post a Comment