Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July, TEXAS style!


Hello again everyone! Happy 4th of July to you!

How time does fly... seems only yesterday (well, almost a week ago!) that I was Texas bound from PA. Lately, I've been busy visiting with my cousin who came in from Houston and my mother's friend (who happened to return to the Metroplex yesterday). Now, because it's the holiday... it's time for more quality time and lots of bonding. While they were in town, we managed to catch some great live music from D.G. Flewellen and we got to play with some ducks as well.


I'd hate to say it, but the adventures have been few and far between thus far. With the exception of the many barbeques I have attended lately (see above!), there hasn't been much other exciting stuff going on! But, I have to admit... that Buffalo Lakes (where my aunt lives) put on a most excellent fireworks display. Of course, there was also time for my sister, her boyfriend and I to play with some sparklers on the 4th.

One of my favorite pasttimes is sitting on my front lawn and watching people set off the fireworks. Although we are "technically" within the city limits, most people really don't care and will set them off anyways! (Including in the park across the street from my house). One of my friends said it's like our family has our own personal fireworks display for three days (and more than that if people really want to go all out) straight.

Because the City of Lubbock does not want to be outdone by anyone, they hold their display separately and in a more central location. You would think they were Washington, D.C. with how intricate they want to get! Well, luckily for us, Kei and Elasar managed to head out there and videotape the whole thing for us (and of course, as I mentioned, we caught it from the front yard).

Well, I hope this is enough of a story to keep you busy until I post again next time... be looking for silly pics from my dad's birthday, a trip to the Daquiri Lounge and a visit from a munchkin named Charlie!

Hasta luego!

No comments: