That's right boys and girls... I'm back with another adventure to share with you and to help me, I have my wonderful assistant Homer Aguas. Today's episode of my random adventures takes us to Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse where you can find a vast array of wonderful home improvement supplies (and tools...Homer loves tools! While we were there, he was drooling over some Weber grills, Hitachi saws, and other wonderful shiny things with which to build fascinating projects.But, here's something important that you need to know. Usually Homer looks pimpin' like th
is (see pic of Homer in snazzy pants and shirt... isn't he cute?), but for today's adventure, we decided that this attire might be a little too formal to acheive our mission of the day: tinting the kitchen and living room picture windows. Now, here's what you need to know about this mission at hand:1) This project was originally started two weeks ago.
2) Risé and Homer only "skimmed" the directions, which is why we had to do it all over again (well, only two of the windows really had to be redone.
3) It required that Homer take two full days off from work.
4) Window film (wherever you may get it from) IS NOT CHEAP AND SHOULD ONLY BE DONE BY PEOPLE WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF PATIENCE (which, if you really know me... you should know that I should have never attempted to undertake the following project at all!)
So... now's where the story begins. We had to go back to Lowe's to purchase additional window film just to make sure we had enough because we didn't want to run out and do a half-assed job (like the one that got us in trouble w/ my parents the last time). So, we got the film, necessary window spray, and we even happened to find some great new valences for the window that fit my mother's kitchen theme.
See, she's all about grapes and has random grape pics and glass grapes all over the place... anyways, (sorry for rambling) it was time to get started.
Homer was so excited about getting those valences for my mom that he completely ignored getting anything else ready for the job and immediately proceeded to put them on the curtain rod. However, we actually needed to get the tint on first Homer, duh! Even Risé the "Toolgirl" knows that one! I had originally hoped that we wouldn't need the new box of tint so I could perhaps save a few dollars, but once we finished the first window... I figured out that we were going to need it after all. But the most important thing to remember is that we did the first one right! We were on a roll!
Or so we thought... until I figured out that we would need the second roll. Annnnddd... that the second roll was not even close to what we would need to fit the window. But, such is life!
This means we had to take ANOTHER trip to Lowe's and this time we made sure to have my dog Oso in tow with us to help us do it right this time. That pic you see of me doubled over the sofa is of me frustrated over the fact that I had picked the wrong sized tint for the window... I told you that you had to have patience to do this job. ;-)Well, to make a loooonnnnggg story much shorter... we actually managed to get the project done. Wanna see proof? Well, here it is!
So, this means the end of another one of our adventures together... and sometimes Homer and I manage to have some good ones.My next post should be coming sometime soon after a trip this weekend to none other than bee-yoo-ti-full liberal Austin, TX!
Stay tuned!





No comments:
Post a Comment