Saturday, October 22, 2005

We Are... PENN STATE!

Hi everyone...

Sorry so long, no update... I've been busy trying to get the latest fix of Desperate Housewives taken care of. That's right... against my better judgement, I've recently become a fan of a TV series that most of America caught onto long before I managed to. I suppose I could argue that being a diligent schoolwork kept me from becoming interested back in Season One, but now the Housewives' bug has bitten me big time and I am a major fan! (Anyone have any comments about season two so far?)

But... I digress! That is hardly the point of this latest blog! Our story begins here with a recounting of the latest PSU Football antics! That's right boys and girls... keeping up with our friendly sports tradition... Risé and Julie actually managed to catch a PSU Football tailgate and do it proper-like! In case you didn't know, Penn State Football has managed to redeem itself after a rather LONG AND STAGNANT performance. That's right! We are now 6 and... 1. Okay, so that loss to Michigan shouldn't have happened, and we all know that!

This time we were fortunate enough to spend time in the company of my good friend Eric and his buddies. There was plenty of food... (yes, that is Julie with a BEEF HAMBURGER in her mouth...); from hot dogs to hamburgers, Alaskan Salmon (or so we heard and perhaps witnessed being grilled), to a lovely fruit and cheese tray that was at another tailgate we went to. All I know is, I had my share of hot dogs for the day! (and a hamburger... I told Julie I'd share it with her, but obviously, she liked it so much she practically ate the whole darn thing.

However, we are forgetting some of the other important elements of a Tailgate (like the one in Julie's hand!)... AL-CO-HOL. That's right, the Rolling Rock (LIGHT... for peeps like Eric who might be watching their figure! JUST KIDDING!) and the whiskey sours were a flowing. Now we know you can't have a good tailgate without some beer (or many beers for that matter) to have with your hotdog or hamburger.

rained/drizzled the whole time we were there (or gametime for most folks, which in case you didn't know was 8pm). Can I say that it was freezing cold?There's one more thing that made this Tailgate a great one to remember... and that's the fact that it RAINED ALL DAY LONG. That's right, although we started tailgating at 12pm, it Because, it was... there was a good reason we were all hanging by the grills! Although we were hungry, I guarantee that it was mostly because we were pretty chilly. Luckily, there were plenty of tailgates to visit, so we were constantly on the move. In fact, another favorite of ours was one that our friend Matt and his parents were hosting. We even dragged Eric along for the adventure and I think that we had a pretty good time, as the picture shows... :)

In case you didn't know... PSU did end up beating Ohio State and we are finally ranked first in the Big 10 standings. But, hey... I have to give some props to my Red Raiders! We are 6-0! That's right... and my boys finally broke the top ten in the BCS Poll and are in the top ten in the USA Today and AP Polls as well! All I can say is that it's a great time to be a football fan, whether you're a Nittany Lion or a Red Raider. This week, it's the Illinois game for PSU and the biggest game of the season for the Red Raiders... vs. texas. C'mon... I know they're named after The Great State, but I gotta show some love for those Red Raiders!

So, on a final note... WRECK 'EM TECH! WE ARE... PENN STATE!

No comments: