Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Sunday Story...

So... I have spent many a day lately wanting to write to you readers about the things going on with me lately-- but the more I evaluate them (them being the activities/events that happen to me on a daily basis), they seem kind of boring and mundane in nature. No one wants to read blogs that are boring and mundane, right? Right? That's what I thought.

Anyways...

This week promises to be an exciting one... so even though there is a lot of work to be done before the fun starts, there is still something for me to look forward to! I will be heading to San Antonio on Wednesday for the National Communication Association annual conference where I will be the chair of one panel and a presenter on another. These conferences are usually pretty interesting and the best part is getting to catch up with everyone that I haven't seen in forever! For example, I have a lot of friends that have moved on to find exciting jobs at other universities, friends who moved to different grad schools after being at Penn State, and of course... professors that I only get to see the once a year when this conference happens! I am looking forward to catching up with my friends Bekah and Leia-- it has been forever since I last saw them! I will also get to see my friend Lisa (who's currently at UT) as well as my friend Brooke (who I got to see last month when I went to 'Bama). I'm also excited at the thought of all my PA pals getting to see my home state; I hope it's a good experience for them! (And I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

Despite all of the conference activities going on that promise to keep me very busy, there is one person in particular I can't wait to see! I get to see Caesar! :) (**BIG GRIN!**) That's right-- my boyfriend is driving all the way down from Lubbock to come hang out with me while I'm in San Antonio, and then from there... he's going to drive me back to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my family! I am super pumped! We don't get to see each other all that often-- I mean, it's been almost two months since I last saw him-- so anything that does allow us to spend time together is just too wonderful in my book. We're going to make a stop at his mom's house on our way back to the LBK and visiting with her will be lovely as well. She is so much fun to hang around and always makes me feel at home! :) The other cool part about going to see his mom and stepdad is getting to see their two dogs: Cha-Cha & Fea. Caesar is partial to Cha-Cha; she was his growing up. Me, I am all about Fea. She is sooo cute despite her "unfair" name. You will probably see pics of her posted up here after the trip is over because I'm a big dork like that!

But in all the anticipation for that: life still goes on. For example, today I had a minor crisis because I killed my cell phone. And when I say KILL... I mean KILL-- I dropped the darn thing in WATER. :(

Now, normally I wouldn't panic, but this is a crucial week for having one with me! So, today I had to trek on down to the Cingular store and get an "upgrade" so I could have a phone to essentially make it through the day. The funny thing was, in all the madness that not having access to a cell phone caused... I didn't even pause to enjoy the possibility of being incognito. I guess it's because I imagined the worst situations possible: not being able to get into the ADPi chapter meeting tomorrow; not finding Caesar at the SA airport; not being able to connect with Bekah & Leia so we can get together and have fun; not talk to family... argh! I can't believe I am that dependent on my cell phone! It actually kind of embarasses me because just last week, I was having a conversation with my friends Alysa and Tara about how I really don't use my phone all that often.

I guess I was wrong. :(

Apparently, I use it frequently and am heavily dependent on it. I suppose, if you look at the situations which warrant its use-- I'm sure my dependency validates it.

But, probably not. :) And, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it.

In the meantime, yours truly is now the owner of a pink Razr (which only makes me miss my blue one even more!)-- which is in a way ironic because I am known for having many things pink and girlie. Go figure. My protest at my "signature color" is now over and Motorola has won. I suppose I could have picked the black or silver one, but honestly... where's the fun in that??? :)

So, I hope I've amused you and proven to be not boring with the mundane occurrences that seem to inundate my days. Adios for now!

No comments: