Friday, November 03, 2006

A blog... Friday style...

I was sitting on the bus this morning and after noticing the unusual lack of noise on the ride in this morning, my first reaction was to pull out the trusty "Pod of I" (which has since graduated from the original Pod of I Shuffle I used to own) and create my own soundtrack to rock my way in. This got me thinking... awhile back, I (the MySpace addict that I am) got this great survey/bulletin that asked me to take a chance on my favorite media player of choice (Winamp rocks!) and to see what the wheel of fortune would bring my life if it had a soundtrack.

Since it's Friday, which is just as good a day to goof off and avoid as much work as possible (and the irony behind this post is that I am at school as I do this... )-- I thought I would take another chance on this "game" so to speak and see what the Pod of I would think was the best soundtrack for me to live by. Now keep in mind that this might be a little more flawed than last time because I have to admit... there's a heck of a lot of Dave Matthews, 311, and Police on the iPod than are on my Winamp. I guess we'll just have to see what happens!

Hopefully... you'll play this game as well and get just as reliable results... :)


IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Napster, Media Player, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button

Band/Artist - Title

Opening Credits:
Dave Matthews Band- #41

Waking Up:
Echo & The Bunnymen- Bring on the Dancing Horses (how 80's!)

First Day At School:
Soul Coughing- Circles

Falling In Love:
The Strokes- Hard to Explain

Fight Song:
Junior M.A.F.I.A.- Get Money

Breaking Up:
Kanye West- Touch the Sky (interesting... go Pod of i)

Prom:
Jay-Z & Pharrell- Change Clothes

Life's OK:
Janet Jackson w/ Q-Tip- Got till it's Gone (I would have put this as the break-up song)

Mental Breakdown:
Telepopmusik- Breathe (you might remember this from a Mitsubishi commercial back in the day)

Driving:
311- Beautiful Disaster (no accidents I hope!)

Flashback:
50 Cent- In da Club (lol-- whoops, almost fell out of my chair)

Getting Back Together:
Frou Frou- Breathe In

Wedding:
Gwen Stefani- What Are You Waiting For?

Birth of Child:
Skeelo- I wish (this one came out of nowhere... )

Final Battle:
U2- Sometimes you can't make it on your own

Death Scene:
The Police- So lonely (ohhhh irony)

Funeral Song:
Sublime- Wrong Way (good thing I like Sublime... think this one will offend peeps that go?)

End Credits:
Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc.

After looking at what it came up with... I suppose I could see some method to the madness of the shuffle function on this machine. There's an interesting story waiting to happen... at least from the looks of the soundtrack.

And with that being done... off I go to grade 100A speeches! :)

No comments: