Okay... so, as you know Caesar has been drooling over the Wii. After playing on Ben's Wii at my friend Tracey's house last night-- I can see why. THE THING IS SUPER FUN!
So, I decided that I was going to be a good girlfriend and get Cez one... he mentioned something about Best Buy having a shipment in today-- but that turned out to be FALSE. But, of course I didn't find this out until after I woke up at 5am to go and stand in line there. Turns out that even though I thought I double checked their online ad and that it confirmed the possibility that a shipment had come in; when the actual ad was examined... NO Wii.
So... I head to my favorite store, Target, to see what the deal is there. Turns out they have 24 but I decide at this point it's 6am and I might as well stick it out to **hopefully** get one just in case there happen to be more. Well, dear readers... THERE WEREN'T. :( Yeah, turns out I was number 27 in line. I was so sad. I mean, I woke myself up at 4:45am (which was probably when I should have been already standing in line) and decided that yes, he has to have this game system for Christmas. I stood in line in 27 degree temperatures for two and a half hours just to see if this could happen. I mean, I won't even get to play the darn thing all that often!!! I just thought that he would love to have it... particularly because he's been asking for it! ;)
Supposedly Nintendo has guaranteed that there will be Wiis for everyone before Christmas-- or at least those who want them. So while I have a lot of people out digging, if I don't get one by this week, I guess I'll have to come up with an alternative Christmas present. And believe me, I have a good one in mind! I know this post might seem a lot like I am "tooting my own horn", and I am sure that I am. However, even today looking back at the time I was sitting on freezing cold concrete with my toes and legs beginning to go numb-- I still have to tell myself it was worth it.
In the end, it's always worth it when you can make someone you love happy. He makes me happy in so many ways and somehow, I just wanted to do the same for him. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment