Well, back to NORMAL everyone... and back to WORK. That's right, it's finally my semester to take my comprehensive exams (comps, from here on out) and I have been working diligently to collect TONS (or what seems like tons...) of articles so I can reabsorb everything I have ever learned about communication, research methods, statistical analysis, and feminist theory/perspectives. Sounds like a major piece of work, right? Well, IT IS. Don't ever let anyone ever tell you otherwise! So, I would have to say that when I heard about the opportunity to party with some friends one more time before I have to spend ALL my weekends here at home studying, you KNOW I took advantage of it!

My friends Mandy and Lori hosted a "Rock Star Party" in honor of their past/upcoming birthdays and I must say, it was LOTS of fun (I know I sure felt like a rock star the next day, if you catch my drift!). I decided to put on my most fun "rock star" clothes and party with the best of them.
You can see that others did the same as well... I think Khadi looks like a SUPER DIVA! We even had a few famous people there, believe it or not. Bruce Springsteen and his lovely wife Kirsten (ha ha ha) made an appearance. It was Kirsten's off weekend from her normal rock star life, so she was showing us how rock stars like to chill.I would have to say that having Bruce take some time out of his busy schedule for us was really a nice thing... especially since he didn't charge us a dime to be there.
The other cool thing was that the Bangles had some of their former members show up as well. Now, if you are as big a fan of 80's music as I am, then you know that having these girls at a party definitely means you are going to have a good time! They even sang a couple of numbers, with Bruce too!All in all, I would have to say that a good time was had by everyone in attendance.
We all partied as long as we could... and I hate to admit that I was actually home and in bed BEFORE 12:30, but I WAS. I guess when you get to be my age (ha ha ha), you know how precious your days to party like a rock star really are. I have faith though... I know that after that first week of April has passed, and after I have PASSED those comps with flying colors (knock on wood!!!), then the parties shall resume! And if no one else will throw one... then you can count on me and my roomies to get the party started!So, until then... it's back to work I go... and only two months till those dreaded exams!
Adios for now!





No comments:
Post a Comment