I know it's been practically FOREVER AND A YEAR since I've written, but you happen to have caught me in one of the most stressful periods of my academic career. That's right, it's time for my comprehensive exams! AAAAAAAAHHHHH! I have been studying for these exams for almost a month now (with the exception of last week... SPRING BREAK!), and now they are two weeks away! I can't believe time has flown by that fast!
Okay, so as stressful as this time is for me... that's not what we're here about! You're here to read all about my adventures from Spring Break! So let's get into it already!
This Spring Break, I was able to head back to Texas and spend time with the boy and my family. In fact, there were a few exciting things that happened while I was home...
1. Caesar fell and fractured his elbow
2. My parents met his mother and stepdad
3. Caesar's mother had her official retirement from work party
4. I saw the Curious George movie
5. There was 80 degree weather in the middle of March in D.C. & PA!
Okay, so I'm sure you're all dying to know the story of Caesar and his arm. Well, I wish it were something exciting that did it, like... skydiving for the first time or doing some serious drag racing with one another, but in this case it really was an accident or just bad luck. He and I were taking off from his house to head back to my house when he happened to miss a step causing his flip-flop to catch and BOOM! The boy was down on the ground! I about flipped out when I saw what had happened, I mean... here he was lying on the ground with a bruised knee and hurt arm! After noticing that he seemed to be having a lot of trouble moving it (his right arm...
his WRITING arm at that!), we ended up spending three hours of the last Thursday in the ER with him telling everyone who asked what happened that I pushed him! What a meanie! I don't think it's physically possible that I could have made him do that... and I'm hoping everyone believed me when I told them it wasn't true.In any case, he ended up getting a sling for his arm which he had to keep with him for our trip to Abilene for his mother's retirement party the next day. So, there he is... riding in my parent's suburban looking horribly pitiful (but oh-so-cute!) with this "bum" arm of his. Luckily, he
changed his story of how it happened once we actually got to his mom's party! He was telling everyone who asked that he saw me and he literally fell for me. :) How cute! It was really good to see his mom and step-dad Tony... they both looked so nice for the party and it was such a good time! There was lots of yummy food and ICED TEA to drink, and I LOVES me some iced tea! Of course, we found out later that his mom had gone to great lengths to make sure the food was awesome and it was some GREAT TEXAS BBQ! (Of course, given the state of Caesar's arm, I had to help him cut up that bbq... it was a little hard for him to manage a knife!)
I think the best part of it all was the fact that our parents ended up getting along as well as they did. I didn't have much of a doubt in my mind that they would get along, but you never know. Sometimes, people can surprise you! It turned out that my dad and Tony had lots to talk about and of course, since my mom and his mom worked for the same corporation (which shall remain nameless to protect the innocent)... they had lots to chat about too! We finished off a great Friday together with a
lovely lunch on Saturday (Mexican food!) where Caesar proceeded to run into a large terracotta planter and get another bump on his knee. As if injuring his arm weren't enough!We did decide to get in a trip to the zoo before heading out of town. Let me just say that because of that visit, I am now an avid supporter of more "natural" preservation habitats than zoos! In my book, the poor animals should just be allowed to live out their days in PEACE, rather than being on display for people who have no respect for them or their well-being! At least the Peacocks looked like they were in good shape!
Overall, despite the "few" mishaps that occurred during the break (like, there's an incident between myself and a stomach virus that I won't get into!), overall, it was nice. I wish I would have had more time to spend with my parents and my sister... but it's hard to do that when they are still working and going to school when you are spending most of the days goofing off! I would like to say that I am fully recharged and ready to tackle those Comps, and I'm not quite fully recharged... but I know I'm capable of getting those exam questions over and done with and to
the best of my ability as well. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't uncross your fingers for me yet! I still need those thoughts and prayers, so keep 'em coming! :)Well, speaking of Comps stuff... there's always more studying and writing to be done... so, until next time...





No comments:
Post a Comment