That being said... I have finally decided to update you in light of some exciting events!
First off, the most exciting (well, as exciting as we could make it) event in March was a trip to the Quaker Steak and Lube (yes, it's really called that... see what happens when NASCAR fans make a restaurant?) for St. Patrick's Day! (Do you see the mean old man staring at us all crazy?) As you can plainly see, I spent the "holiday" with some of my favorite people: my roommates Tatiana and Ruth and our "pseudo-roommate" Tracey. These people are truly some of the best people to hang out with on a holiday such as that because they don't make you feel like a complete dork for having to go home early because you have lots and lots of work to do.
Well, now that I think about it... I don't think any of us actually did any work that night, but I think we had a very good reason for that. And... here it is. This is a picture of Tatiana enjoying her first ever GREEN BEER. Now for most of us here, this is a staple for us on St. Paddy's Day... but I don't think they really celebrate that holiday in Brazil.In any case, that green beer was really good -- well, as good as Miller Lite can get at least. But, who's complaining?
And now for the really good news... and probably another good reason to go and drink green beer or any beer for that matter! As you probably read in my last post, I was busy (ha, ha) studying (ha, ha, ha) for my comprehensive exams. Well, the written part was completed about two weeks ago and the orals was officially completed and PASSED yesterday. It was a great relief to know that I will not have to write another three hour exam ever again. There is still lots of work to be done though, so it' s not time to slack off just yet... I get to work on stats stuff (HLM and other stats) in addition to "cleaning up" my dissertation proposal. I am trying to figure out where to go and celebrate this amazing feat, so... yeah, if you have suggestions, shoot those my way.
Well, for now-- I shall close, but I promise to post more considering there's a celebration to be had, trips to places near and far... and other adventures I haven't even anticipated yet!





No comments:
Post a Comment