1) A lot on your mind. Believe it or not, I tend to think about the strangest things before going to bed. Things like, what am I going to cover in class tomorrow, the fact that I may need to balance my checkbook, internal lists to places like Target and Wegmans, and even better... what I am going to wear to school the next day. Now, nevermind that I had a full 8-10 hours earlier to think about this. I suppose it's just better to get going on that at 11:30 or 12am when you have to wake up at 7am to teach at 9:30am.
2) The need to MySpace. Unbeknownst to you (wow... is that some crazy word-age or what?), I have officially become a MySpace addict. I am sure if you took the time to correctly spell my name, you would have no trouble finding me and my four slideshows of pics that seem to indicate that I do a lot of drinking. Amazingly enough, this is far from the truth! I hardly drank at all this semester what with comps on the horizon. I suppose that the need to consume large amounts of alcohol can be attributed to the Summer season that is finally upon us.
3) The lack of A/C in your house. Now, here's a shoutout to the DUMBASS (there's 25 cents for the swear jar... $1.50 owed as of now) architect who designed the lovely townhouse I live in. What kind of idiot puts a floor vent on the second story of a townhouse??? I mean, yes... heat rises and for what I would say is most of the year, we do require the heater (including the last two weeks we just experienced). The problem of course comes when you are stuck in 90-degree heat (I know, I shouldn't be complaining fellow Texans) and you can't get your house (or bedroom) to cool down at all. However, your basement roommate is wearing sweaters because she is FREEZING. Yeah, there is something seriously wrong with that one.
So, as you can see... I hate to be the one to complain, but apparently I do have quite a lot to rant about. But I can't waste all my time doing that! There are too many other stories and pictures to share! This past weekend I was in Abilene, Texas for Caesar's mother's wedding. (Try saying that three times really fast!) While I was home, I was able to visit with my parents & sister... and even some other close friends from back home.
We spent an exciting night at the Fox and Hound ($2.50 pint night!!!) with Logan, Sarah, Axel, Julie and Julie's brother and sister-in-law and had a great time laughing and joking around. Except... I think Axel has a thing for Caesar now. Yeah. I guess that co-worker relationship extends past working hours for the both of them. I AM JUST KIDDING.
Seriously! I am sure that either one or both of them are going to send me hateful emails telling me to take that slander off of this blog. Heh, heh... MAKE ME!Overall, the wedding was lovely... but I have to remember to make more of an effort to not travel back to back. I was completely exhausted yesterday when I finally arrived back in Happy Valley... but luckily enough, I was treated to some yummy shish-ka-bobs thanks to Tracey's generosity. :)
Hooray for Tracey! Unfortuntately, our Memorial Day BBQ was cut short by the need to return to work and get back into the 100A swing of things. I have to say that teaching in the summer is actually harder than teaching in the fall... you have a lot to do and very little time to do it. If I feel overwhelmed, I can only imagine that my students feel the same way!Well, and on that note... I end with one of my favorite pics of Caesar and I so far... :)





No comments:
Post a Comment