Monday, October 30, 2006

My Philosophy on Mondays

I thought this would be an appropriate way to start a blog... considering a) today is Monday and b) today was a good Monday.

I have long lived by the thought that within every week, there is a Monday. And by Monday, I mean a day where things:
a) don't go the way they are supposed to
b) equipment/technology fails left and right
c) people are grouchy
d) the weather is bad/yucky
e) you have an exam or some kind of test you clearly aren't ready for...

And well, you get the idea. That being said, I have to emphasize that although very often these things are typical of most Mondays, it is also possible to have a very good Monday. Therefore, your "Monday" gets moved to any of the remaining days of the week. Does this make sense? I'm sure some of you would argue that you have experienced a lot of weeks where you never experienced a "Monday" during that week-- to which I would emphatically point out that if you looked at the week immediately before or after, you probably had pretty crappy weeks during that time. Therefore, God decided to "make it up to you", so to speak-- by granting you a week of rest following a rather hellish time.

Now... I'm sure most of you are wondering: where is she going with this? Well, the point is... today was a good Monday. I started out the morning like any other going, "why God, why?"; only this time, I was greeted by the sun! That's right... it was actually sunny and kind of warm outside! (Warm in this case being 57 which is WAY WARMER than the 40-45 degree weather we'd seen all weekend) I also was pretty happy because I was able to talk to a friend of mine before heading into campus and our conversation was pretty funny. I was laughing and giggling at the bus stop and am pretty sure that people there must have thought I was on prozac.

Well, it didn't stop there... when I got to school, I was looking at the Collegian and I stumbled across today's Boondocks. I about laughed my butt off at this... especially when I pointed it out to my friend, who I managed to reconnect with on IM. Hooray for IM... it's a girl's best friend. :)

I have to say the day was topped off by having lunch with Alysa and Justin. We had a great conversation about stupid movies and which ones were our favorites. I think we narrowed it down to these three:
1. Billy Madison
2. Super Troopers
3. Animal House
I know there are others... I'm going to have to brainstorm which ones should really make the "Top 10".

Anyways, here's hoping that the rest of the week stays on the upward trend! Happy Halloween!

No comments: