Friday, May 30, 2008

Summertime blogging...

You would think with all the time available during the summer months that blogging would be the easiest thing in the world to do. Yet, almost a month into my summer vacation... you've seen me post maybe two times (and it all had to do with my dissertation, is there nothing else for me to write about?).

I feel as if this month has almost flown by-- and it has with the end of the semester and then Caesar coming to visit followed by a visit to Texas immediately there after! So, here I am back in Texas after almost two weeks (and I will be here one more!) and I still feel like my head is spinning! (Then again, that could be due to the fact that my friends and I thought we were the "Superfriends" at last night's Pint Night. Eesh.

Anyways, I was so thrilled that a few more friends finally got to meet "The Boy", and that we were able to share our time with ones who already knew him well! The roommates were happy to see him-- in fact, we shared a delightful dinner at P.F. Chang's (one of our favorite restaurants!) with one of them while in Baltimore when he flew in. We were also able to do other exciting things such as go to Hershey's Chocolate World, the Pints for Pets Brewfest (which is a preview to the other major brewfest that goes on in State College in August), celebrate our friend Ben graduating from PSU, celebrate my roommate's last birthday in the US, and also find me an apartment! (Which, really isn't exciting for anyone other than me... but Cez was excited because he got Taco Bell out of it!)

Amazingly, after all of that... we realized that we'd almost come completely full circle from when he landed at BWI to us having to take off from there again almost a week and a half ago! I guess when they say that time flies when you're having fun... it actually does. I mean, I can think of all the mundane things I've been stuck doing (even here within the past few days), but the stuff that you don't want to end is the fun stuff.

That being said, being back in Texas to experience Summer has been fun-- even with 100 degree temperatures! Last week was spent moving Cez into his new house (he's going to be living with his friend Axel now) and all that moving made me dread the upcoming move that I am going to have to do here soon. As it is, while here I found out that my poor roommate and friends had to already "pack me up" because my idiot apartment company HAD to paint our current apartment NOW, rather than after we moved out. Trust me, you don't want to hear me rant and rage about this-- I managed to do it all day Saturday.

The thing that I love the most about being back home is the fact that things are so much more chill here. I don't stress about what people think or who is watching me or talking behind my back when I'm here. I'm not concerned about the two-faced people I encounter on a daily basis and avoid while I'm at work-- they don't seem to matter. (Not that they do honestly, but when you're surrounded by people you can't stand... you can't help but give them some attention.)

Anyways, here's to the possibilities of blogging over the summer... granted all of my adventures this summer may not be as exciting as past summers (it's pretty hard to top Crete, Rome, and Athens!)-- but I promise to do the best I can.

No comments: