It is no secret that I love to travel. If I had my way, or if I was a "ga-zillionaire" (you know, since billion is the new million), I would use most of my money towards travelling. I am a big fan of reasonable flights, short trips (whether via car, train, or plane), catching up with close friends who live in wonderfully under-visited cities, and adventures of most kinds.
That being said, it's not like there isn't a price to be paid for trying to live this sort of lifestyle. However, I would argue that I am wonderfully grounded for the most part. I enjoy a good weekend spent in the comfort of my own apartment-- working diligently on my dissertation, watching movies, and lounging on my love seat. Amazingly enough... as of this weekend, I will spend the next several weekends travelling to the following places: Texas, MD, VA, GA, and MI. Wowsers. I guess I will knock out more states than I thought possible. :)
Today you can find me in Austin/Leander, TX spending time with some really good friends and sorority sisters for the weekend. Turns out, one of our "group" is pregnant with her first (and the first for our group!), so I decided that because it was The First... I'd make a special trip down for her baby shower. I will have to take a pic of the cutest gifts ever just to show you how cute they are-- but of course, they won't be posted until after the shower to avoid ruining the surprise.
Yesterday when I landed, I was greeted by my good friend Bekah, whom I met during our time together at PSU. It was so nice to catch up with her and relay some of the departmental drama and non-drama to her... and at the same time, I got to enjoy her truly laid-back spirit that I miss more often than not. She is doing so well for herself... has a job here in the Austin area that she loves and is fulfilling the dream she's always had of giving something back to the greater good of mankind everywhere (and particularly here in Texas). I admire her for so many reasons... probably too many to explicate in one posting, but of course the one thing that sticks out to me is her style. :) She has a style that is truly her own!
So, I'll end this post for now and promise to update you on my Austin adventures throughout the weekend. Currently, I'm waiting on my friend/sister Melissa to come to pick me up for a trip to Georgetown for a softball game her cousin is playing in. What fun! Sunshine and all that!
Oh yeah, but there's going to have to be a visit to CVS/Walgreen's first... I forgot about that whole allergies thing that happens here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment