Friday, February 20, 2009

Keep Austin Weird...

As I mentioned before... today was spent watching a softball game between Belton and Lenora (which was the team we actually wanted to win because Melissa's cousins attend high school there). Sadly, they didn't win-- but it wasn't a blowout either! For being a 3A school, they held their own pretty well against a 5A school with a one run loss. We were hoping they'd pull off a win, but it just wasn't in the cards for today. Oh well, good thing the tourney is going on all weekend!

(One of Melissa's cousins in action... she's a GREAT player!)

After that adventure, it was off to meet my friend's husband Drew for a yummy lunch at Rudy's. There I had some pretty good brisket and turkey... and I was sure to have some fixins like beans and potato salad to go with it. We caught up a little with him and tried to figure out how we were going to spend the rest of our day... and I think the best part of it all was that Melissa and I knew we had absolutely nothing major to accomplish-- and that the day was ours to do with what we wished. So, that being said... after lunch we headed to Babies R Us, where my friend Kate happens to be registered. Now, I know I already came into town with some potentially cute gifts for her, but I wanted to get her a little something from off her registry too. As Mel and I walked around the store, I was astounded by the number of items that are necessary for raising your child-- or at least getting them through their first year. I now know why they say having kids is so expensive...

In any case, it was actually a little fun looking at tiny clothes and nursery themes. But, no worries... I'm still not ready to start this phase of my life yet, but I am truly excited for my friends who are. :) I am sure they are looking forward to this part of their lives and are hopefully going into it with a lot of patience, love, and luck. Everyone needs a little luck, right?

Today's agenda is not set, but I believe that Melissa's husband Drew will be playing with us for a little while today too, so that's something to look forward to. I am sure we'll throw a little shopping in (I didn't bring the bigger suitcase for nothing!) and then there's a "Girls' Night Out" planned for later with Melissa's "Small Group" from church. We get to head to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then we're going to watch the Shopaholic movie-- can't wait!

That being said, I guess I should get some work done while I can... right? (lol)

No comments: