We landed in Garland, TX not too long ago after a rather long drive in from Memphis, TN. As you know, we had a few adventures at Corky's and Beale Street last night and today we finished it off with a quick trip to Graceland. We didn't actually go in, but we spent a little time at one of the gift shops there where I picked up a few gifts for my boy's mom (who ADORES all things Elvis!) and then we hit the Graceland Harley-Davidson for Dad to get a souvenir (read: a Harley t-shirt).
After a little time spent shopping, mom and dad informed us that we could get an excellent view of the Lisa Marie next door, so we decided to take a walk. Believe it or not, we ended up with some decent pics of Elvis's private PLANES (yes, there were two) and after we crossed the street... we got an okay pic of Graceland itself and the gates too. I have promised my mom that the next time we go back, we will do the PREMIERE tour... which allows you to see EVERYTHING at your own leisure and gets you less waiting time for a shuttle across the street. (Don't ask me why you need a shuttle to get you across the street... but I guess it keeps things orderly)
After spending the morning at Graceland, we started our journey to Little Rock, AR. Because it was only two hours away, we decided that we would spend some time hanging with William J. Clinton. That's right. We visited the William J. Clinton Presidential Library... which I highly recommend whether or not you were a fan of his. C'mon! It's history! There were so many neat things to see and the hostess were absolutely adorable with their Southern accents and Hope scarves. (Trivia: Clinton was born in Hope, AR which is why these docents wear these scarves!) Sadly, I got only a few pictures because our camera battery was starting to die and I have NO CLUE as to where the charger is. (I'm hoping it's in a box/suitcase somewhere!) We ended up leaving there around 4pm (we lost track of time!) and then made our way back to Texas. :)
Side note: we ended up stopping in Malvern, AR where KB had her VERY FIRST Sonic experience! She adored the strawberry limeade... but we both thought their tator-tots were mediocre at best. Guess there is nothing like a Lubbock Sonic!
I wish I could tell you what time we crossed into the Texas side of Texarkana, but all I have is this:
My dad took this when we stopped at a rest stop immediately across the Texas/Arkansas border. Needless, to say... I was pretty joyous when I brought myself, KB, and my car to that spot. :)
We landed here in Garland, TX sometime around 9pm, absolutely exhausted and starving! Sadly, there was no yummy bbq to be had today... only Domino's delivered to our hotel for the night.
Tomorrow, we head out to Midland, TX (OUR FINAL DESTINATION!) to unload many, many boxes and then have dinner with my new colleague Bill. Since we're almost there, we still need prayers and positive thoughts... so keep 'em coming!





No comments:
Post a Comment