July 7, 2006 (con't)There is a picture on my camera, where you can clearly tell a woman doesn't have her top on. I realized this was the norm h
ere-- or at least allowed, but I'll be happy to admit I didn't attempt to conform to custom! (Sorry Cez- I'm sure you were hoping I would) The other interesting thing was all the little kids running around as well. The day ended with ALL of us getting some form of sunburn- the others more burned than myself of course. Which, I have to admit, I shouldn't be smiling about-- but I am.The other interesting things about today came in the form of shopping we did. The theme for today was soccer or Puma related items, or authentic Greek/Cretian items. Alysa got a Puma wallet and I bought a purse that matched that wallet and then we ended up getting soccer shirts. Her, a Rooney (aka the Drunken Irishman looking person on the England team) and myself a Ronaldinho shirt (who i
s now a banished player from Brazil). Masaki, being true to at least one of two teams in the finals purchased an Italia shirt. Also, I got my mom a pretty table cloth with grapes on it.Today was also a good day because we actually found internet access! I have been so desperate for that connection- but didn't really think about it because it's not easily accessible for the most part. I sent Caesar and mom/dad/Kei/Aunt Stel/Aunt Norma one as well. It was really a frustrating experience because I had the hardest time getting into Gmail. Damn page kept coming up in Greek! I was pretty pissed. We ended the day going back to Pizza di Napoli because we were so tired-- and Alysa and Tara have called it a day because of her poster session tomorrow.
Adio!





No comments:
Post a Comment