Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Rather Quiet Day...

July 10, 2006

Given that today was the last day of the conference, there wasn't much on our agenda. Although we had perfectly good intentions of going to Bram Buunk's session, we woke up at 9:30-- and decided to go have breakfast instead. We then set about trying to get our flight from Heraklion changed so we could spend more time in Athens, but because of our fare-- we were unable to. Regardless, we have decided that if we can validate spending 65 euros on a taxi from here to Heraklion, certainly we could do the same in Athens!

After it was all said and done, it was back to Old Town to make one last run on souvenirs and to get a momento that we would all have to remind us of our time together. Yes, photos will accomplish that, but why not do something cool? That small shopping trip completely wore us out and when we came back to the hotel, we took a three hour nap (from about 5-8pm) and managed to miss dinner. Oh well, even though I could really use something to eat, that just means I'll actually be hungry for breakfast tomorrow! I haven't even told you about my purchases for today!

I bought a scarf/padgmina, a ring, necklaces for me and mom and this nifty headband. All in all, quite a good day. Well, tomorrow is our last beach day-- and our last day to work on our tans. Hopefully, no burns!

Adio!

No comments: