Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Real Day at the Conference!

July 9, 2006

So,

Although we thought our presence wasn't missed at the conference, apparently Mandy, Jen and Chris were wondering where we've been. Well, to put it simply- working on our personal relationships with Rethymno! Anyways, today was our presentation and I think for the most part it went well. We got some good feedback from our respondents, so taht was kinda cool. Additionally, we spent some time h
anging out with Denise, Mandy, Jen and Chris. I guess the biggest benefit was feeling that I really need to challenge myself in this next year to make myself stand out and also make myself live to my full potential!

After we got back from the conference, Masaki, Tara, and Alysa (and of course me too!) went to our favorite pizza place Pizza di Napoli to catch the World Cup championship game. I don't know who I was REALLY cheering for, but I guess you could say France because of Alysa's affinity for a play named Zidane. Unfortunately, France lost and Alysa was sad... so sad that in fact she started headbutting Masaki in honor of the famous play by Zidane on one of Italy's players. I guess all is fair in love and soccer!

I think the best part of today was getting to chat with Caesar on the internet. I managed to find him on Google Chat (hooray for Google!) while I was checking email and I couldn't tell him enough how much I love and miss him (sigh). I guess when you wake up on a day where things seem to not be going your way... (has anyone ever experienced mosquito bites in Greece??? They aren't fun!)... you begin to appreciate the small things that make you happy. I mean, look at poor Alysa! This is how all three of us woke up EVERY MORNING thanks to the rock hard mattresses in our hotel!

Tomorrow, we are considering doing the last conference day-- but then again, we are also looking at readjusting to be prepared for our trip back to Greece. We will have to see how everything works out. But other than that, there is nothing but exhaustion at this point. Although everything has been wonderful and I wouldn't have traded anything in the world to be here, I can't wait to get home! My own bed! My friends! It's just too wonderful to imagine!

Well, in the meantime, it's back to my hard mattress I go... Adio!

No comments: