Okay,
So... y'all have been very spoiled lately with getting a bunch of pics in almost every blog entry I've posted lately. Then again, I'm sure some of you were wondering when the heck I was going to actually finish my story about the adventures in Greece! All I have to say is yes, I made it back and yes, I can't wait to go back. :)
Since coming back, life here in Happy Valley has been a little hectic. I no sooner came back then that following weekend Julie Bear was down for a visit with her friend Jon and roommate Amanda to do some tailgating and football watching. Turns out we all missed the home opener against Akron, and after suffering a HUGE loss to Notre Dame, it was time to watch our boys beat Youngstown State. I wish I could say that it was an interesting game, but honestly... at some point I think I asked myself, "Shouldn't we be winning by more?"
I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only person saying that.
As you well know, since then... Morelli has done his best to ensure yet another loss and so it looks like PSU Football will be just like it was when I got here... really BAD. Well, I guess last year was a Cinderella year and we already went to the ball... But I haven't lost ALL faith in the Nittany Lions just yet.
Enough about football.
I have to admit it's been a little rough adjusting to school again. Just when I go and get settled back into life in Lubbock, it's time for me to come back. Such is life. I miss Caesar and my family a lot (and that include our annoying little dog-- or my brother, as my mother fondly refers to him) and I am dealing with having friends who are kind of distant at the moment. I don't know if it was because I was gone for so long this summer or because my spouse/partner isn't here or even because I don't have a dog-- but whatever the reason, I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things with the crowd I used to run around with. Now, this isn't such a terrible thing. I mean, now's the opportunity to seize the day and make new friends (again?!?!) or get to know some of the others I already have even better. I know in time the awkwardness should pass, but it doesn't make it any easier when you're already stressed out.
On the other hand...
Did I mention I'm going to see my friend Brooke in Alabama in two weeks? That's right... I am taking a HUGE step across the Mason-Dixon line into the Deep South, where few Hispanics probably dare to go. I'm actually really excited because I'm hoping to go to my first Auburn game (they're #2 right now... this should be great!) and do some other truly Southern things too. The reason I say this is because everyone who is from the South tells me that Texas isn't south. We are our own country. This, I can't necessarily argue with. It's just the way it is. :) So, in the meantime-- there are going to be a few friends I'll get to catch up with... Brooke, Stephen, and of course, Kenny. Hi Kenny!
Then, after the time in 'Bama comes the trip to San Antonio! That's right, NCA finally did me a favor and held the conference in The Great State. I am really excited by this because a number of my friends haven't really had a chance to see the land that I call home, and I can say this because for a short time, San Antonio was my home. Of course, since then... I have returned to my roots (Lubbock is like a magnet sometimes...) and yet, moved on out of it's reach. I really can't wait to see my friend Bekah-- that will be a real treat getting to catch up with her again!
Well, I'll close for now and leave you wondering what adventures I'll be off to next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment