I find it hard to believe at times that I managed to write a post about the sayings that I found on a napkin. But, I suppose... if nothing else, I can attribute it to the random moods I sometimes find myself in. That, or I could say it fits perfectly with an expression I find myself living by very often, and that is: "There are no accidents." I could go on for hours probably trying to justify how the napkin situation fits into this... but really, there is a much better situation that is highly applicable as well.
My roommates and I have just gotten over having the guest who managed to overstay their welcome... by at least three weeks. We, being the kind persons we are, offered our home to one of our friends (ex-friends?) who was in temporary need of housing, for what we thought was originally going to be a week but ended up turning into an entire month. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad if this person, who after realizing her time was going to be extended more than originally thought, would have offered to contribute to a) RENT, b) water/electricity, c) groceries, or even d) the cost of using our internet-- life would have been very different. Instead, what we had was an annoying fourth roommate who didn't understand that although we are very interconnected in our lives-- what roommates wouldn't be?-- WE LIKE OUR PERSONAL SPACE. We tried as hard as we could to put this subtlely, but even at one point-- the roommate she was bothering the most had to out and out tell her... I NEED TO WORK AND YOU NEED TO BE QUIET. In any case, she has made herself unwelcome in our house for a long time to come... and annoyed all three of us to the point where we don't want to see her again for a LONG while.
Okay... on to better thoughts.
As the end of October comes, so does the onset of Halloween. Now, in case you hadn't noticed-- Halloween is coming. Target has announced the arrival of this holiday since around August and as of last month, Christmas should happen sometime within the next two weeks. I mean, seriously. Those pumpkins will not even have been marked on clearance for an hour and Christmas trees will be up and ready to go. Forget that Thanksgiving even exists. Let's just spend as much $$$ as possible getting to the most lucrative holiday ever: CHRISTMAS. Anyways, the problem with not getting to Christmas quick enough is that I have yet to decide what the heck I am going to dress up as for Halloween. I don't really feel like dressing up this year-- I enjoy the holiday, but let's face it. It's not my favorite. I have nifty socks that I will probably wear sometime within the next two weeks-- and then I'll be over it. I really don't care for the dressing up part-- I would prefer it much more if the cool thing about Halloween were the interesting pajamas that came out because of it. Wouldn't it be lovely if all Halloweens were just a giant pajama party???
Yeah, I'm sure I've offended some kids with that statement. After all, it's much easier to find a costume if you are under four feet tall and 10 years or under.
I'm only slightly bitter. I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment