This is a question I very often ask myself quite a bit lately.
Seriously.
Given that I have 24 hours within a day, why is it that I can never find the time to do what I really should be doing. Well, I can already hear the answers coming out of some of your mouths... "QUIT DOING MYSPACE SURVEYS Risé! I guarantee that you will have more hours in the day to be productive!"
To which I would have to reply, but then you wouldn't know as much interesting information about little ol' me! :) Yeah, that only works for so long... right? Therefore, I resolve to limit the number of surveys I do on that MySpace creature to no more than two per week. That's right... I'm quitting cold turkey. Or, at least I intend to... after I do another survey or four.
Lately, life has become a little more colorful due to the presence of another Brazilian in our household. Francis arrived back in the US for her post-doc project last week and our lives have been more interesting since she got here. We three usually do quite a bit of socializing and working, but now that she is here... this has increased tenfold. Which, is actually wreaking a bit of havoc on our collective productivity. Such is life... and I am always looking for the next BIG distraction to be honest with you.
In addition to this, I have become an advisor for the Delta Kappa chapter of Alpha Delta Pi here at Penn State. I am really excited about this actually. Although it means that I will be a little less sane because I have to start remembering all that "sorority stuff" again, at the same time-- I'm looking forward to giving something back to an organization that gave me a lot. I have some great friends thanks to this sorority... and I can't say enough about the experiences I had. Not all of them were pleasant... having 100 girls together at the same time can only be problematic in some instances! But, the good memories I have are going to last me forever! :) I am really excited about working with the girls here because even in the short time I have come to know them, I feel like we are starting to work together! Which, at the same time makes me kind of sad because just as I get used to this set of officers, it will be time to put new ones in office! But... BRING ON THE CHANGE!
The other BIG thing going on is starting to get ready for my trip to 'Bama... or Bham as my friend Brooke lovingly calls it. I had the pleasure of talking with Miss Brooke on Sunday and we are totally pumped! We're going to hit the Galleria (think it's anything like the Texas ones???) and do some shopping and then Friday night, we leave for Auburn to hit the football game! Her parents were kind enough to give us their tickets-- since it's only Arkansas! ;) We'll be tailgating with her in-laws on Saturday morning and then in the afternoon, it's back to Bham! I can't wait and will have to fill you in on the adventures we have.
Oh.
And here's something else for you.
I WENT ROLLER SKATING SATURDAY. That's right... yours truly laced up those roller skates and took to the rink in a cautious fashion. I'm clumsy enough as it is and the last thing I needed was to be put on four wheels... but I did it! I only fell down twice, I'm proud to admit-- but I am still sore! Makes me wish I could convince myself to keep doing it, because I know it's probably the best workout ever! Of course, everyone else seemed to be much better at it than I was! I wish my camera would have worked because there would have been some great pics of Wammy, Dan, Kirsten, Andy, Jen, and Laura showing how to do it right. Zach and I ... well, we still need some practice... clearly! Oh well-- we'll try to do it again sometime soon!
Well, it's super late and there is MUCH to be done tomorrow... adios for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment