Saturday, April 19, 2008

A break from grading...

Believe it or not, I've spent most of today grading... and cleaning! That's right, I finally finished my laundry and "rotated the closet" (read: put away the winter clothes and brought out the Spring/Summer stuff!). Of course, rotating the closet also involves determining what I will keep around for a little longer and what's going to make it's way to Goodwill in the next week or so. In any case, at least all my classes' exams are graded-- and man, did they submit some creative answers for some of those short answer questions!-- and now it's on to grading the group projects.


So, to break up the time, I thought I'd tell you a little more about me! :)

Hi, my name is… Risé
When I’m nervous… I talk too much or perspire quite a bit... YUCK!
By this time next year… I will hopefully have completed my first year at a new job (fingers crossed!) and be living in a new apartment! :)
Last night I… had a horrible tummy ache and had to cut fun time with my friend Tara short. What a bummer!

PART 1: YOU
Were you a planned baby? Nope. My mom and dad were all set to adopt (she had been told she couldn't have children) and while at the doctor for what she thought was the flu, found out it was me instead!
Were you the first? Damn straight... and I'd say the best! (But don't tell my little sister that!)

PART 2: YOUR PERSONALITY
Do you have low self esteem? No, I don’t. Sometimes the challenges I encounter get me down, but that's when the support I have from friends and family always picks me back up and gets me through it!
Do you get depressed about things easily? Not really...
Are you happy right now? I'm all right... the boy will be here to visit soon, things w/ grading are progressing... and the weather is bee-yoo-tee-full!

PART 3: APPEARANCE
Are you comfortable with the way you look? Not at the moment... I really need to start eating better and it shows!
Describe your hair: Reddish brown hair w/ dark roots starting to peek out (eek!)

PART 4: RANDOM
Ever been kicked out of a bar? Only once... my friend was a little too "happy" and went through a door she wasn't supposed to, we both got the boot!
Ever been arrested? HECK NO!

PART 5: THE OUTDOORS
Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? Both... I love the sunshine and A/C :)
Do you like walking in the rain? Not really, I don't have cute rain boots!
Do you like thunderstorms? LOVE THEM, but only when I'm safe inside!

PART 6: FOOD
Are you a vegetarian? No, no, and NO!
Anything you absolutely could eat forever? Beans, rice, and homemade tortillas.
What is your favorite dessert? Tiramisu

PART 7: RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE
Do you want to get married? Yes I do.
Have you ever been in love? Yes I am...
Are you in a relationship? You know it!

PART 8: RANDOM QUESTIONS
1. Where is your cell phone? On the TV stand... it's charging
2. Cheesecake? Love it! But, only small slices... so rich!
3. Your dream last night? There was something about being outdoors and a camp involved... if you know me, you know this was a dream as I have NEVER been camping and can't stand the idea of it! :) Either way, my dreams have been way too busy lately...
4. Your favorite drink? Iced tea... ahhhh
5. Car you want? Either a Volvo S80 or Honda Pilot... w/ the gas situation, it looks like I"ll be keeping the Civic awhile longer...
6. Your fears? Not getting my Ph.D after being here for so long...
7. Who are you hanging out with tonight? Maybe Tara... but most likely me, myself, and the group project grading sheets
8. One of your wish list items? My degree... and a cheap, but snazzy apartment to rent. Can we add a new car that's paid for to that while I'm thinking about it?
9. Where did you grow up? Lubbock, TX
10. What are you wearing? Comfy pants and a t-shirt
11. Tattoos? None. Lyn won't let me get one :)
12. Ketchup? S'all right
13. Your computer? I love them both... but I want to chunk the keyboard and mouse on my desktop out the window
14. Your life? Is hectic, but manageable... at least w/ lists to guide the way
15. Your friends? Are very awesome and diverse people... I love them all for the joy and perspective they bring into my life
16. What are you thinking about right now? How I don't want to grade and I wish I were playing frisbee baseball w/ the guys across the way :) They look like they're having fun!
17. Your work? I love teaching and have finally reconciled with the fact that research may only partially be in the cards for me... I'll do what I can and always want to know more about certain things, and that's what will drive me to do it in the end!
18. Your summer? Playing w/ Caesar here in less than a month, travelling to Texas (twice!), finishing that dissertation, and GOD WILLINGLY moving away from PA!
19. Your favorite color(s)? Pinks, yellows, BRIGHT ones... :)
20. When is the last time you laughed? Last night.
21. Last time you cried? Thursday... I've been debating w/ my future quite a bit...
22. Last text? Caesar
23. Last received call? Caesar... :)
24. Last IM? JCleve...

Part 9: LIFE
1. Who knows the most about you? Caesar and my sister... but probably Caesar
2. Whom do you blame for your mood today? No one but myself...
3. Have you ever seen a dead body? Only at funerals
4. What should we do with stupid people? Good question, got any ideas?
5. What is making you sad right now? The uncertainty going on in my life lately...
6. What was the first thing you did this morning? Thought, "How in the world can anyone be ready to tailgate at 7:30am???"
7. Who was your last kiss? Caesar... (sigh)
8. What is your most missed childhood memory? Spending time outside playing
9. Last person you went out to eat with? Tara
10. Are you spoiled? I don't think so... Caesar would tell you otherwise!
11. Do you drink lots of water? Most days!
12. What toothpaste do you use? Crest Pro-Whitening
13. How do you vent your anger? I rant... to my friends, to Caesar... mostly to my mom :)
14. The last compliment you received? Caesar said I was beautiful :)
15. What did you do last weekend? LEAP 100A training, went to the Gymnastics meet to see a student compete, had drinks w/ Tara (hooray!) and then played w/ the ADPis on Sunday
16. When was the last time you threw up? It's been awhile
17. What theme does your room have? It's a hodge-podge of me
18. Are you a mama’s child or a daddy’s child? I'm a momma's girl :)
19. Would you ever join the military? Nope.
20. The last website you visited? Kenny's blog.
21. Whom was the last person you took a picture with? Probably Julie & Bonny during my weekend visiting DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival
22. Last person you went to the movies with? Alysa back in the day
23. What did you do/will you do for your birthday this year? A visit to Vegas... Tara & I turn 30 this year, we're gonna celebrate it right!
24. Number of layers on your bed? 2 egg crates, 1 foam mattress, and 2 synthetic feather beds... such a princess
25. Is anything alive in your room? Well, if I count, then yes!
26. Today, would you rather go back a week or go forward? Forward... get Cez here already!
27. What are you looking forward to right now? SUMMER VACATION!

Part 10: IF YOU HAD TO:
1. If you HAD to get a tattoo, where would you want it?
Behind my ear... I keep saying I'm going to get a PSU paw print there since they have truly left their mark on me!
2. If you HAD to dye your hair a color what color would it be? I'd go even redder than I already am... ha! Just kidding, probably back to black...
3. If you HAD to get a piercing (THAT ISN’T YOUR EARS) where would it be? My eyebrow
4. If you HAD to change your name, what new name would you choose? You couldn't make me... I'd fight you for Reezay!

No comments: