As many of you know, I have been dealing with moving lately. Let me just say that I am no fan of moving. As exciting as it may be to get new "digs" and to be in a new area, I find the actual process of packing your life into a lot of boxes and a giant truck to be one of the least favorite things in the world. I am happy to report that it's over and done with... for the most part. I officially move into my new apartment on Tuesday, get my new bed on Wednesday, and get internet/cable on Thursday! What a week it will be!
As excited as I am about getting to fill a space with MY things and not dealing with rather raucous undergrads, I am a little unexcited about losing some of the conveniences that my townhouse provided-- which I am missing a lot honestly. First, I will now have to pay for laundry. Not that I didn't pay before in the form of a monthly water bill... but now it will cost me anywhere from $1.25-2.00 per load to wash and at least $.75-1.00 to dry per load. Oy. Needless to say, I probably won't be washing near as often as I used to-- and I'm beginning to think that investing in a bottle of Woolite for somethings and using my drying rack is going to happen quite often.
Next, there is the issue of paying for internet access. I have been fortunate enough to spend a minimal amount of $$$ based on the fact that we weren't paying for cable (came with where we lived) and internet was shared between three people. Ahhh... that's not the story now! I suppose I could learn to live without cable TV, but come on... what fun is that??? I am thinking I will have to budget a little more soundly, which could prove a bit difficult initially... but I am hoping it will become a habit that I acquire rather quickly. I don't really mean to moan and whine about this, and honestly things could be worse. It is just going to take some getting use to!
The other exciting thing about this week was that my friend Brooke came to visit us folks in Happy Valley this week. I got to see her for a bit on Friday, for breakfast on Saturday, and took her for a day of fun in Bellefonte today. We have talked and talked about life and the things going on in it... and I have to say that she and her husband are people who I truly admire. They have such an astounding amount of faith in God and His works that it truly humbles me sometimes. She has had to deal with a number of challenges, but has not lost her perseverance or diligence towards her goals... personal or educational. It often amazes me that when I think my life is difficult or that no one else could possibly be facing the challenges that I do, that I often get a small reality check from God. I have to be honest and admit that she actually was part of a small reality check! So, for that... I say "Thanks Brooke!"
I am looking forward to seeing her and Stephen around Labor Day when I head back down to Bham for a short visit. I am looking forward to going to my second Auburn FB game (I'll be wearing bright orange!) and hanging out with her and her family is well. (Even her mom! Her mom is great!)
Before I end this post, I would like to send out a small prayer request for this week. :) Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers this week... For me, a lot of it will be related to having a smooth move. For the rest of my family, we are hoping for a small miracle or blessing... whatever God sees fit. :)
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment