I am sure that you are all VERY tired of hearing me whine and moan about how hard moving is... but today's post has a very good reason.
I was fortunate enough to hire some great movers to help me move to my new place today. For a very reasonable price (or at least one that I could afford this one time!), I was able to get two able bodied guys to move all of my junk out of storage and into the new place within a time span of three hours. Annnnnndddd... while it was raining to boot! Because one of them got pretty wet, I actually ended up giving him an old t-shirt-- which at first he didn't want to accept, but then I was like-- just take it. I figured it was the nice thing to do (and I'm sure he'll remember to bring a spare one next time).
After dealing with filling up the U-Haul truck (eek! Those things eat gas like no tomorrow!) and dropping it off, I was on my way back to Kelly's to pack up stuff to move the last few things to the new place.
Or so I thought...
Turns out that after I'd loaded everything into the vehicle, I couldn't find my keys to the new place (the original or the "spare"). I frantically began to look everywhere... dumping my purse all over the counter, searching the envelope with the copy of the lease (where I did manage to find the key to the mailbox and laundry room-- which are now attached to the key ring), my school bag (I was hoping!), the car, the glove box... you name it, I looked through it.
(sigh)
But, no luck... and NO KEYS. I tried calling the UHaul place where they said I could come out there and search through the truck to see if they were there. This wouldn't have been such a bad idea (and such a waste of frigging gas) if they hadn't already rented the truck to someone else.
(INSERT MANY EXPLITIVES HERE)
So, the man at the counter tries calling the woman who rented the truck and leaving a message, but I have yet to hear from her. It gets even better... the truck isn't even due back till tomorrow at 5pm. (sigh) I tried calling Cez to complain to him and he suggested calling the emergency maintenance number in the hopes that someone could let me in... and they can. For the unbeatable price of $55. Given the fact I paid rent, movers, UHaul, and participants from my study today... it looks like I will be waiting until 8:30am to borrow a key from the peeps so I can get in. (SIGH)
At least my bed comes tomorrow-- WHILE I AM TRYING TO GET A KEY!
ARRGHHHHH!
See why this post is titled the way it is? I think I'm going to go and cry in a corner now.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment