Wednesday, August 06, 2008

While the kiddos are taking an exam...

I did this on MySpace awhile back... and thought it would be good to revisit some of these answers to see if they've changed...


1. I have come to realize that my butt:
is never going to develop. I have come to accept that I will have "flat-ass syndrome" for the rest of my life.

2. I have come to realize that when I talk:
sometimes I forget to think before I speak. I try to avoid this though, and try to be sure I'm making a conscious effort when I communicate.

3. I have come to realize that, if I love someone:
I sometimes have to let them make their own mistakes. Sometimes, caring too much can be a bad thing.

4. I have come to realize that, I need:
to focus on my goals and my dreams and not let petty people try to bring me down. I'm way stronger than they are anyways!

5. I have come to realize that, I lost:
my sanity a long time ago. Probably when I first applied for grad school too... and having to move as much as I have had to lately hasn't helped.

6. I have come to realize that, I hate it when:
I feel overwhelmed or weak... it frustrates me to no end!

7. I have come to realize that, if I'm drunk:
it's only when I'm around good friends... otherwise, you never truly enjoy yourself!

8. I have come to realize that, marriage:
is something that doesn't require a big ceremony and a huge party. It's about the people involved and the love they have for one another.

9. I have come to realize that work:
is the hardest thing to do when I'm not motivated... but for some reason, when I'm at school-- I work really well!

10. I have come to realize that, I will always be:
an eternal optimist... and someone who needs a lot of encouragement for difficult tasks. Yeah, I'm needy... get over it! :)

11. I have come to realize that, I like:
being so family-oriented. To hell with that person who claims I'm not, I don't have to prove anything to you anyways.

12. I have come to realize that, the last time I cried was:
leaving to come back to PA. I really need to learn to stop doing that!

13. I have come to realize that, my cell phone is:
something I can't live without. Sometimes, I need advice and speed dial is just for that

14. I have come to realize that, when I wake up in the morning:
SOMETHING GOOD IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME TODAY. This has become my new mantra... it may not be a big "good" thing, but the fact that I woke up is a pretty damn good start!

15. I have come to realize that, before I go to sleep at night:
my mind races uncontrollably ... I can't help but think of the things that have to be accomplished the next day!

16. I have come to realize that, right now:
I have a few things I need to buy to get my apartment fully functioning.

17 . I have come to realize that, babies:
are beautiful, but not something someone should have just because they can. They don't "fix" relationships and require a lot of work. That's why I'm getting a dog.

18. I have come to realize that, when I get on Myspace:
I waste A LOT of time

19. I have come to realize that, today I will:
be unpacking and grading exams.

20. I have come to realize that, tonight I will:
do some of the major things that need to be done

21. I have come to realize that, tomorrow I will:
count my blessings, wish for a big cup of coffee, and hold office hours for a long while

22. I have come to realize that, I really want to:
finish this dissertation this year. I can do it... I KNOW I CAN!

23. I have come to realize that, working out:
is finally something I've learned to make a daily habit. It only took 21 days!

24. I have come to realize that, my friends:
are wonderful people. They bring something special to my life and light up my days in ways they have never imagined

25. I have come to realize that, the person who might repost this is:
probably as big of a procrastinator as I am or supremely bored at work! :)

No comments: