1. My uncle once woke my sister and I up at 1:30am (on a weekend) to watch a movie and order a pizza. The funny thing was, we had to pay with dollar bills and a bunch of change! I don't think I've ever seen a more irritated pizza man... and a funnier movie when I was supposed to be sleeping. :)
2. Never in my life have I travelled to California. I say this because there is still the possibility that I will go there for a conference in November. We'll see...
3. When I was five I went to a private school for kindergarten. This is significant because I would pretty much come home everyday talking about how bored I was. Oh, but I was able to have an awesome birthday party with a Care Bear cake and I got to leave school early. Life was good back then... :)
4. High school was fun at the time, but I have no desire to go back and relive those days. I have appreciated my time and the people I've met in college so much more. (And that includes all the time I've spent in grad school!)
5. I will never forget to say I love you to people I really care about. You never know what can happen on a day to day basis... and sometimes, hearing this can really brighten your day.
6. Once I met Greg Louganis. He was an interesting man and gave a really good motivational speech.
7. There’s this boy I know who is celebrating his 29th birthday today... and I wish I was there to celebrate it with him! But, he's got a BIG box of presents on it's way (even if it is a little late) and I know he's going to have a great day because the Cowboys are playing today!
8. Once, at a bar, I thought I was Supergirl and drank one too many "Carbombs". Boy was that a long night and a long day the next day. :)
9. By noon, I’m either almost done teaching, in the middle of teaching, or at the gym (on a weekend). Whew!
10. Last night I spent time here at my house resting. After spending most of the day driving through remnants of Tropical Storm Hanna, I was glad to not be in a car and out of the rain.
11. If only I had a job in Texas, I would be really happy. I would be much closer to my family and other loved ones whom I miss dearly.
12. Next time I go to church I am going to say "thank you" to God for all the blessings He has given me and to ask him to still watch over the people I care about. :) Whether that's today is another story. :)
13. What worries me most is that I won't be able to find a job this year. I really, really want to move home already... I'm tired of living so far away from my family and boyfriend. (sigh)
14. When I turn my head left I see a window, a bookshelf, my alarm clock, and some other decorations :)
15. When I turn my head right I see a bookshelf w/ many pictures, my closet, CDs, and my purse hanging off the closet door.
16. You know I’m lying when I can't look you in the eye. Despite my extensive knowledge of nonverbal communication, I can't seem to manipulate this one.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is the TV. And not even all TV... I miss the cartoons of the 80s. Anyone remember those cartoons that used to be on the USA network?
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be nowhere in the play. I really don't care for Shakespeare honestly... as horrible as that sounds. I just never found a great love for him or his works.
19. By this time next year I will hopefully be moved away from State College and off to a new adventure in a new city at a new university to be named later. Hey, I have hope!
20. A better name for me would be procrastinator! This is sadly something I'm really really good at!
21. I have a hard time understanding math and statistics. I like to joke that I am math stupid, and someday if Cez and I ever have human children... he's going to have to be their "go-to" tutor for this.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll hopefully be a professor and it will be for work. I am done with taking classes and obtaining degrees although I will always have a love for learning. :)
23. You know I like you if I tease and joke around with you. I also tend to smile at you a lot or call you to see if you want to hang out.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be a toss-up. I am thankful to my parents for all the support they've ever given, but they've also taught me that all things are possible through God. I hope neither would get too offended if the other one went first.
25. Take my advice, never be afraid to love, live, and laugh.





No comments:
Post a Comment