WOWSERS.
That pretty much sums up my feelings about a lot of the college football games that happened this weekend. Today, you'll find yours truly in North Carolina a bit tired after enjoying a noon game of Georgia Tech football. My friend Julie asked me, her sister, her brother-in-law, and his friend to join her at the GT-UNC game here at Chapel Hill. Although probably would have had to think hard about whether or not I could go in the past, I wanted to jump at the opportunity because I have considered trying to move to North Carolina. So, I really wanted to see what it was like here-- particularly because UNC, NC State, and Duke are all REALLY close to each other.
For the most part, the drive here showed me that NC is really an interesting state that seems to be trying to take care of the environment. There are TONS of trees and apparently they have only recently gotten the fall weather that has almost entirely left PA. So, it was nice to see lots of red and golden leaves everywhere-- although they can be a bit annoying at times. We were able to stay here with Natalie and Warren and they have a cute home here in Raleigh... and were willing to drive us all to Chapel Hill this morning for the noon game. Sadly, I have to report that GA didn't quite get the job done... but that's where the craziness that is college football begins!
PSU lost their game to Iowa today by ONE POINT! I feel really bad for the Nittany Lions because this pretty much guarantees that they are NOT likely to go to the BCS championship given that they lost to an unranked team who they haven't lost to in YEARS. In fact, to make it even worse:
"Daniel Murray, who hadn't made a field goal since the season opener, hit a 31-yarder with a second left and the Hawkeyes rallied to stun the third-ranked Nittany Lions 24-23."
Alabama also had a crazy day of football in Baton Rouge, home to this week's College Gameday (although Herbie was nice enough to hop a chartered flight to make his way BACK to the LBK to be one of the announcers for the Tech-OkSU game!). Luckily, Nick Saban made sure his team stayed on TOP to retain their #1 spot by beating LSU in overtime in the most dramatic fashion possible. We were watching the game here at a bar in Chapel Hill called Top of the Hill (great bar btw!), and I have to say that just about everyone who was watching was on the edge of their seat. After all, who knows what would have happened to the BCS Rankings if Alabama would have lost in addition to PSU!
Now, what we're potentially looking at is the following (at least, according to Kirk Herbstreit!):
1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
As you can see, Tech won their game over the OkSU (and the reason I do that is because up in Happy Valley-- OSU = Ohio State, NOT Oklahoma State!) and in a way that will be sure to convince some people that WE ARE HERE, AND WE ARE HERE TO PLAY. So now Tech has to worry about next week, when they travel to Norman, OK to face the OU Sooners. Oy vay! I am HOPING that we stomp them like we have stomped just about every other team this season and that the fans really get behind them to make a road trip out of it. Believe me, I really think that all the support they've had over the fans on this go-round has helped them get where they are.
So, I salute you Red Raiders and WATCH OUT ALABAMA. TEXAS TECH is coming to get you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment