Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Kei and Kelly!

Today is my sister's 25th birthday and I believe it's my friend Kelly's 29th. Wowsers! Two very big years to celebrate if you ask me...

So, in honor of them, I thought I would tell you all about my favorite things. :) (Yeah, yeah... I know. It's another meme... DEAL.)

1. Political show: The Colbert Report. I really enjoy his antics and I appreciate someone who can very clearly laugh at himself and others. I would have voted for him for President!

2. Picnic food: Hot dogs. LOVE THEM.

3. Mixed drink: Flirtini. If you want to know what's in them... just ASK!

5. Kind of student to teach: One that wants to learn, is willing to work hard and doesn't feel ENTITLED to an A. Let me know if you ever find one!

6. Hobby you do or wish you still did: Knitting and cross-stitching. Sadly, my need for instant gratification and loss of how to do the knitting has taken over. However, I know I can pretty much pick this up anytime I really want to.

7. Sports commentator: Despite Herbie's background (Booo Ohio State!) I do "heart" Kirk Herbstreit very much. Lee Corso is still on my bad list though... any man who puts the OU sooner wagon on his head instead of the Red Raider is practically dead to me.

8. Sport to watch on TV: College Football... LOVE IT!

9. Animal to have as a pet: I really want a Westie. And, I really want to name him North.

10. Halloween costume you have worn: I am not really into Halloween honestly... with the exception of the candy part. My costumes are notorious for their unoriginality.

11. Kind of dessert: Tiramisu. Especially if it comes from one restaurant in Georgetown.

12. Comic strip: Nancy... the ones before they decided to go back to the Old School strip. I miss her wacky girlie-ness.

13. Ice cream flavor: Rocky Road, German Chocolatekake, or Phish Food (a la Ben and Jerry's)

14. News source: CNN.com mostly. Occasionally, I will read The Daily Collegian online or even Lubbockonline.com. I like keeping up with things back home.

15. Vacation spot: Texas. :)

16. Wine: I love a good bottle of Riesling or Gewurtztraminer. Over my friend's birthday, we had a bottle of Verdejo that I am still looking for everywhere I go.

17. Way to waste time instead of working: It's called Facebook people.

18. Reality show: Top Chef. At least these people have to prove themselves with a skill while we are watching all the drama unfold.

19. Children's movie: Ratatouille. I have grown to love this movie even more because there for awhile, Stars was showing it every other hour or day.

20. Celebrity you wish would retire: I'd like to see the entire Hills cast go back into oblivion... and they can take Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan with them. Ugh.


No comments: