Friday, January 23, 2009

And one more for good measure...

There is this post on Facebook that's been going around that asks people to post 25 things about yourself, and I have learned a lot about the people who've done it so far. So, I figured I'd take it to a new forum and see how it fares here...

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I am usually a morning person, but I've learned to stay up much later than I should.

2. I've learned that although only teaching T/TH sounds like it will be easier, you are still just as exhausted at the end of the day.
3. I love to cook for others and hate to cook for myself. I usually cook too much food!
4. I've been living here in Happy Valley for almost 5.5 years and have FINALLY mostly adjusted to it.
5. I have a lot of random information in my head... therefore, I'm usually pretty valuable for trivia games.
6. I have a best friend who I've been friends with since I was 13. That means we've been friends for about 17 years, and that ASTOUNDS me.
7. I recently celebrated being a member of my sorority for 10 years. Wow, does time fly by when you're having fun!
8. People around my age or younger than me with kids scare me. It reminds me how I'm just not quite the grown-up I think I should be.
9. I hate working out. There. I said it. :)
10. My dream car is a Volvo. How practical can you get?
11. My boyfriend and I have spent our ENTIRE three-year relationship apart from one another. We figured out that we see each other about two months out of the year... if we're LUCKY.
12. I LOVE TO TRAVEL. I am always down for a road trip, vacation, etc... especially if I can drive there.
13. I love to make people laugh or smile... usually it cheers me up if I'm not having a good day.
14. My biggest vice is going out to eat.
15. I once visited Rome for 8 hours. Next time, I want more than that!
16. Sleeping in airports is HIGHLY overrated... I don't recommend it based on personal experience.
17. I love hugs.
18. I have recently become a video game addict. Thanks Nintendo DS!
19. Although I took piano lessons for several years, I really can't play worth a damn.
20. I love reading for fun and I usually buy a new book to read every time I'm in an airport.
21. My favorite candies are Almond Joys. Yum!
22. I am math and statistics stupid. The irony is that I was once an accounting major back in the day.
23. I am going to be getting orthodontic work done soon. This actually makes me happy!
24. I love teaching... although I came to grad school to learn to teach and do research, I have found I'd much rather be a teacher than a researcher.
25. I believe in God, the power of miracles, and all the Angels and Saints. And... a little bit of luck too. :)

And I'd like to add a few more things...

*I am ADDICTED to school supplies. I love them, love them, love them!
*I am actually quite handy... luckily I've had parents and grandparents that taught me to be handy with a hammer, nails and many other tools.
*Someday, I'd like to go to Disney World... maybe that will be the thing I do when I FINALLY graduate from grad school!

No comments: