Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time to actually post...

Lately, you'll notice that I've been putting a lot of "memes" on here to substitute for the posts I should be writing. I don't think they became so prevalent because I didn't have anything to say, but rather because I didn't know where to begin.

The holidays FLEW by pretty quickly and as usual, I didn't get much work during the break... probably to my detriment. You can probably guess how busy I was once I got back and especially the day before I was scheduled to teach... and yes, I'm still figuring things out! I sometimes take things for granted and think (read: assume) that somehow everything is going to be okay, when really the odds for that may not be stacked in my favor. Yet, somehow... everything does work out-- even if it wasn't the way I originally planned.

That being said, I noticed upon my return that I seemed to have missed a lot over the break... one of my colleagues here moved away, and I was sad to see that I somehow missed out on/wasn't invited to a lot of the going away festivities, and I had to wonder why. I would say that I'm a pretty likable person... I guess I can sometimes make it way too obvious when I don't like people though. Perhaps that is my biggest fault-- I can be your biggest cheerleader, or the biggest pain in your behind. There is no middle state. In any case, this fostered some feelings of loneliness, but then again... I've been so busy, I really hadn't noticed that I was back to my "hermit" state.

And then "Reezay's Phone Call Day" arrived!

I would say I get quite a few phone calls in a day... but today was the day that I almost got to talk to quite a few of my favorite people. My friend Melissa called me just to say hi... and rubbed in the fact that Austin had a high in the high 70's and will be in the 80's tomorrow. (I keed... she also updated me on some other things too!) Then my friend Logan called too and it was nice to talk with him again, since I rarely get to talk to him on the phone! I would have answered my friend Bonny's call, but I was hanging up this plastic stuff on my sliding glass door. (I've had a really BAD draft lately... so I'm trying to do anything that will help keep me from running my heater ALL DAY LONG!) Clearly, I'll have to try to get a hold of her tomorrow too... Of course, there was a phone call with my parents and my friend Amber AND a visit with my friend Marcelo. After it was all said and done... I had to stop for a moment and think..

Sometimes, I love how God sends us His Angels when we need them most... when we feel down, sad, overwhelmed, scared, or just unsure. He always finds a way to remind us that we are truly never alone... and I thank Him for that. I know that I don't have to have everyone be a fan of who I am and I should never bend in my resolve towards others when my instinct tells me not too... I am a child of God. He only wants the BEST for me and that goes for all areas of my life: the best romantic relationship, the best friends to call on (or, to know when I need a phone call or visit!), the best living arrangements, the best job, the best skills to survive and do what needs to be done, and He wants for me to do MY BEST to honor Him and everyone who loves and cares about me.

So, maybe today I wasn't as productive as I needed to be... but there's tomorrow and Friday for that. And I am definitely going to do my best for Him, my family, and my friends because in the end, we are all worth it.

No comments: