This month (now almost over) was FULL of travel for this blogger. You saw a couple of postings from my visit to Austin and San Antonio, where we showered a fellow ADPi for the arrival of her little one. She got some lovely gifts... and a few ADPi themed ones from me (yes! they make this stuff for little boys!) because you can't NOT have some of that stuff with us being gung ho Diamond Sisters.
We had a great time at the shower, and even managed to pull off a short trip to San Marcos for outlet mall shopping while we were there. Before I knew it, I was back on a plane and headed back to BWI for a long drive home.The following weekend, I found myself BACK in The Great State headed to Odessa for a job interview at UTPB (or, University of Texas of the Permian Basin for you non-Texan folks). Although I still haven't heard anything in regards to their final decision, please keep me in your prayers as I'm really hoping it works out in a good way. After that quick trip was over, and after a LONG night in New Jersey, I was headed to Columbia, MD for the ADPi District Leadership Conference. I was so tired from my trip to Odessa that I decided to try to head into DLC around noon the next day, and this would have been possible had I not managed to get myself LOST. Don't ask me what turn I missed or where my head was, but I promise you I finally managed to make it there!
I have to admit that I usually enjoy my time at DLC... it's kind of neat seeing the girls get excited about meeting officers from other chapters and learning new ideas. And of course, there's also some pride in being able to boast about our big achievements! (Which, you'll be proud to know... we had quite a few this year!) I also appreciate catching up with some of the other advisors and District Team leaders because they have become close sisters and they lead some busy lives, both in and out of ADPi! DLC ended on Sunday, and once again I was back in the Civic to make my way back home.
Okay, so that catches you up to about the first weekend of March... and believe it or not, I'm not done yet.
After sitting in class for about a week, you'll be happy to know that the Penn State Spring Break started on March 6th (yes, Friday... because I only teach T/TH!). So, to further add to the number of mileage my body has accumulated... I took myself to Atlanta, GA to play with the Guills. This family is a rather cool one... Julie was one of my first roommates in Grad School and we have an interesting friendship. Although I only lived with her for nine months, sometimes it has felt like I have STILL been her roommate based on how often I visit. Initially, it felt like after her move to D.C., I was practically there EVERY WEEKEND. The older I and my car have gotten though, this seems to have tapered off a little. That being said, I definitely try to make it down for things like the Cherry Blossom Festival, or to pick up my boyfriend for a visit. :)
But, I digress... I'm still talking about Atlanta!
We were able to hang out with her mom a lot-- which was nice because I really enjoy chatting with her. :) I think she is such an intelligent woman and since I haven't had the chance to talk to her in awhile, it was nice to catch up! We cooked out, went shopping and found what had to be the GREATEST beer/wine store ever, went to the Atlanta Aquarium and Centennial Park. And, the weather was SO nice, so it was nice to have some sunshine and warm weather to start out Spring Break. But all good things must come to an end, and before I knew it... it was time to head back to Happy Valley.
Spring Break FLEW by and then it was time to get The Boy! That's right... he came up for a visit and we got to play in Alexandria and have a good time with Bonny, Ben, and Julie at this fun Irish Pub in Alexandria (which I wish I could remember the name of!), spend time goofing off in State College, see PSU in action for the NIT match vs. George Mason, and he finally got to meet my good friend Kelly too. I think we were most preoccupied with watching A LOT of March Madness... I mean, we pretty much spent two days GLUED to the TV, but once again... before I knew it, I had to head back to BWI to drop him off.
I have to admit that I took the end of his visit pretty hard. I mean, I must have looked quite the mess in the airport... tears streaming down my face, a stuffy nose. Yeah, an absolute mess. Luckily, I had some good friends to play with that evening so I wasn't all alone and lonely the rest of my time in D.C.
So, if you're wondering where I'll be next... well, I'm almost at the end of my month-long travel status! This weekend I'll be in Michigan watching my friends Tracey and Ben get married. The best part is that my former roommates and I will get to catch up and spend a lot of time together too! :)
Hooray for more adventures!





No comments:
Post a Comment