Friday, July 14, 2006

And we're off!

*** So, while I was gone, I kept a travel journal. These posts serve as a recap/reminder of all the adventures I had while I was in Rome, Athens, Crete, Athens, Milan, and finally... NYC for the trip home. Enjoy!***

July 3, 2006

The plane was utter chaos... but I'm starting to get ahead of myself! Today, I woke around 6:45am and began the summer trip of a lifetime by making one small trip to Harrisburg. From Harrisburg, we (meaning myself, Alysa, & Tara) headed to Penn Station in NYC. FYI-- from NYC to Rome is 4270 miles. This is more than three times back and forth from Lubbock, Tx to State College, PA... if that puts things into perspective for you! We didn't actually get to see much of NYC, only the "Jamaica Station" of the Long Island Railroad (LIRR for those NYCers)... but, being the shutterbug I am, I took pics anyways. (Yes, I'm a dork like that)

I am excited to be travelling with Alysa (the one with the people magazine) & Tara(the one on the right in the green tanktop). They are two people who I think will make this trip a real adventure-- and be up for some good times. I mean, we made it through NYC, surely we can tackle the rest of things successfully.

I think the hardest part of the journey at hand will be not being able to talk to my family or Caesar. I couldn't even manage that last summer when I travelled with Julie's family to Amelia! We talked almost (if not every) every day. Isn't it amazing how much your life can change within a year? I mean, it was last year at this time when Caesar and I began dating/talking-- and now we're practically inseparable (despite the long distance relationship part!). I'm going to miss him so much.

Anyways, with that... it's time for some sleep so I'm not completely non-functional in Rome!

No comments: