As you know, I'm on Spring Break and today was a rather busy day with some excellent moments of downtime in between all the busy-ness. I managed to schedule some rather important appointments (doctor, hair, celebrating with KB for getting into grad school at PSU!) this week because really there's no other time to get these done without some major reshuffling of the schedule-- and we all know that's practically impossible to justify.
In case you were wondering, I am pretty fit (with the exception of the extra weight I've gained thanks to it being Spring Break and being lazy!) and my hair is now a brilliant reddish-red color. I was going to say auburn-colored, but there isn't much brown to this honestly. This has to be the REDDEST I've ever been! Well, except for a few years ago when I was "coca-cola" red and made my mother cry with the change. I keep catching glimpses of myself in the mirror and I don't even recognize myself! Is that a bad thing???
Well, I'm sure over time it will "calm down" or I'll just get used to it. I think it will be interesting to see my students' reactions on the first day back... or even the sorority sisters... I'm sure some of them will come back with major changes of their own.
Every now and then I get this wild need to have some sort of major change with me.. in the past it's been hair color, and most recently it was length (did you see how short my hair was back in the day???). Since I've decided to start growing it out again... it was back to a color-change for me-- and I think my stylist actually did a good job. :)
Enough about hair though.
I am still fascinated that the week has flown by as quickly as it has. It seems that only yesterday I was sitting on the couch being a complete bum and goofing off while watching TV. Since Sunday, I have been sporadically entering data, battling with whether or not to submit the 1040x to the IRS for a few more dollars, and debating about when I'll actually grade those speeches. I just can't help it if I'm not actually motivated to do so! It's SPRING BREAK!
Doesn't that count for anything???
I haven't been a complete slacker, I promise. I actually went into school on Sunday to pick up more surveys to enter into SPSS and Monday I was there re-faxing a scholarship application for a former student who hopes to be an astronaut one day (and I hope she gets it!). Tomorrow I'll be back in the office to print that 1040x and 8863 (Education credits baby!) to mail off to the good ol' IRS, as well as getting some dissertation stuff done too. There will also be a stop to the post office to get more stamps... (ugh!) and who knows what else the day will bring.
At some point, I'm going to have to allow myself a nap. That's all I know!
Then again, my friend Leia may be coming to visit this weekend... so the nap may be postponed longer than anticipated. :)
Such is life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment