Friday, March 07, 2008

Spring Break is FINALLY here!

Today was a good day.

Not only was it Friday... it was the official beginning of Spring Break. So to celebrate the momentous event, my friend Alysa and I decided to have a "working lunch" and enjoy an adult beverage as well. Hooray for adult beverages!

Honestly, it actually was a working lunch in that we discussed plans for our project that we've been working on for sometime and where we anticipate publications for our work in the near future. I'm hoping that we're able to get a lot of "mileage" out of it; we put a lot of effort into this topic, and I'm thinking that we might be on to something cool. Then again, my opinion is rather small in comparison to some of the scholars that are established within my field.

But, that's another worry for another day!

I decided that even though it was raining, I was going to go ahead and run some errands that I've been meaning to get to for awhile: a visit to the bank, mailing some necessary mail, and heading to Circuit City for a few things. Supposedly tomorrow we're supposed to get a good dose of snow, so I'm perfectly fine with puttering around the house and doing errands that should have been done here awhile ago (read: major cleaning of the kitchen!!!!).

I actually have the entire townhouse to myself and I am always at a loss for what to do with myself when I'm here alone. Today I found a couple of interesting bottles of wine, some yummy Italian food, and one of my favorite movies: Moonstruck. In case you haven't seen it, and in case you didn't know... I can actually quote Nicholas Cage's monologue in the bakery when he finds out that his brother is getting married.

"I don't care! I ain't no freaking monument to justice! I lost my hand! I lost my bride! Johnny has his hand! Johnny has his bride! You want me to take my heartbreak, put it away and forget?"

Yeah. Clearly, this is one of my favorite movies. It makes me a little sad though because I don't think it's one that the boy is actually willing to sit and watch with me. :( Boo to him. I guess he can't help it if he isn't a fan for sappy movies... even though I don't think it's all that sappy.

I really wish that I'd been able to head back to Texas for this Spring Break. I know that I need to get work done and that this is important to actually graduating this summer rather than not graduating... I just miss people. That's all. This week I went on a phone spree and called several good friends: one in Alabama, a couple in Texas... I just wanted someone to talk to that didn't already know my story. It's nice to be able to fill people in on stuff, you know?

In any case, Happy Spring Break to those of you who happen to be PSU, SHSU, or UTT students... and for those of you attending SPC and TTU... hang in there for one more week!

No comments: