Today I went and had dinner with the most interesting person I know... me, myself, and I. Even though I make myself sound like I am a multiple personality (which I am not! neither am I!), I have to admit that this was quite a challenge. As mentioned before, I would not consider myself a "needy" person or one that must constantly be surrounded by people. However, on certain occasions... I rather like having company around... like dinner. Because it's summer, I know that most people are either out of town, or have other things going on... so I thought I would embark on a different sort of adventure.
So, I decided to take myself out for some sushi. Yum!
Now, that being said, this sushi was not nearly as good as the one I had back in Falls Church, VA not too long ago (tear, sniff) but it was still pretty yummy, and there was a lot of it! In any case, I met a new person today, Frank the Bartender, who regaled me with stories of Battle Royale-- which is apparently a (banned) Japanese novel where skilled potential warriors are taken to an island to duke it out to the death... until only one is left. (duh) Drew the Waiter kindly pointed out that this was a movie if I was really interested in it, but let's be honest.
Violence (at least the unnecessary sort) is not really my forté.
In any case, I was rather impressed with myself for being able to be on my own and yet still in the company of some rather pleasant people. I mean, the only one really getting a tip was Drew the Waiter... I guess Frank the Bartender was just hoping for some good conversation. (And, I hope he was satisfied)
Anyways... while on my way home from a nice dinner, I noticed that the Lightning Bugs are out in full force. And to that I say "Hooray!" Before I moved to Happy Valley, I had actually never seen one in person. I'd only heard stories about them from people who enjoy the outdoors (not me). They continue to fascinate me to no end... I mean, how do they do it? As much as I'm sure I could "Wikipedia" the answer... I prefer to remain in ignorance about the entire process and just leave it to the mystical workings of nature.
At least it's more fun that way.
I think in some way, seeing them around makes me feel more at peace and reinforces that it is in fact summer. Despite the fact that I still have some lofty goals to acheive before Aug. 25th (read: first day of Fall 08), at least I can peacefully enjoy these bugs and the enjoyment they bring.
As long as they don't bite and aren't in my hair. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment