Monday, July 14, 2008

Time to pack it up...

Today (well, yesterday if we want to get technical) I began the difficult task of starting to put my five years at my current residence in boxes.

That's right. The time has come to M-O-V-E. The reason I spell it out is because I still don't want to acknowledge that it is actually happening; I need things to be a little more permanent for just awhile longer. (And really, I do!) I have managed to put away all photo frames, knick knacks/collectibles, most of my sorority collectibles, CDs, and fun paperbacks. Today also included the boxing up of the Guitar Hero III, two boxes of scholarly books (quite heavy!), the hardcover "fun" books, and about 80% of my DVDs.

(sigh)

I can remember the day I moved into this place. The excitement and anticipation I felt at getting the opportunity to live in a place with people different from the ones previous. Getting the chance to live in a place where I would have a HUGE kitchen to share, my very own bathroom, and plenty of closet space for all of my things (ha! I wish!).

Now I prepare for a new road in the journey... or at least a new turn. I will actually be living on my own this year... and it's the first time I've ever done so. To me, this will be quite the adventure. I would hate to imply that I'm "needy"-- but it will definitely be different to come home to me, myself, and I. Although I am hoping for the occasional visitor, I am certain that it will be me most of the time.

And, to be perfectly honest, that's fine by me.

I don't know if you are wondering what the resolution was to last week's "How to Dump a Friend" dilemma... but I'll share it anyways. At this point, said person is not speaking to me because apparently I have exhibited selfishness (through guilt-tripping) by requesting help during the move I will have in the next few weeks. Because I didn't give them enough notice (read: because they have far better things to be doing with people who matter), I will be doing this without them.

Eh.

So be it. I have prayed for guidance about this issue for a long time... and I think God finally hit me over the head with a cinder block this past weekend. I GET IT DEAR LORD, I GET IT! I have decided to go my own way and let bygones be bygones... and that includes the relationship itself. It must have been good... but let's face it... IT'S OVER.

No comments: