Usually, I spend a lot of time whining and complaining about the weather here in PA and how before you know it, snow is on the ground and the sun is gone for six months. Today, I decided to do something a little random and called up my friend Julie to see if she wanted to join me for some outlet mall shopping. So, last night... we orchestrated a plan to meet up in Leesburg, VA for some lunch and shopping... and what a good trip it was!
First, I was actually up earlier than I intended, so I ended up leaving State College around 9am after a quick stop at the Sheetz for a fill-up and some breakfast. I was amazed by the view I had while driving down the road... and it was so distracting! The hardest part was the view from I-99... because the PA-DOT was smart enough to make it weave through most of the forest, you can be completely immersed in the fall colors that pass you along the highway. Rich golds, bright reds... vivid oranges... I almost began to wonder whether or not I would have the time to come back next weekend to pull off somewhere on the road and snap pictures.
What do you think?
In any case, I made it to Leesburg in one piece... unlike many of the animals that I saw along the road on HWY 15. Eesh! So many deer, raccoons and groundhogs! Our first stop took us to the Crate and Barrel outlet where I bought some glasses... and Julie bought a lot of stuff for her and her mother. I tried to keep her from doing this, because honestly... her mom could probably find the time to do it on her own, but I guess she feels some obligation to do this (especially when the sale can't be beat!). In the end, she actually ended up getting three rather heavy bags full of stuff, so when we took the opportunity to drop the things back at her car, we actually stopped for lunch as well.
Sometimes, it's amazing how conversations go with a person who you haven't seen in quite sometime. The last time I actually had a full conversation with her was probably sometime around the 4th of July... so between intermittent messages via Facebook, there hasn't been much chatter between us. However, today proved that sometimes, you can take a long pause and still not miss a beat.
I would have to say my shopping trip was most fruitful. I bought some cute brown shoes at Kenneth Cole, a new sweater and camisole, and... a great cookbook all about baking cookies/brownies/goodies! Hooray! This week is the PSU vs. Michigan game (and PSU Homecoming!), so if I can bribe my friend KB into letting me tailgate with her group for awhile, I might see if I can bake some cookies to contribute to the festivities.
All in all, today was a good day... and gives me hope for the rest of the week. :) Hope you had a pleasant Sunday too!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment