At a certain age women should: have travelled the world, loved, lost, had a leap of faith, experienced many miracles and appreciate them for what they are AND should be completely at peace with where ever she is in her life's journey.
At a certain age men should: learn that compassion does not necessarily make you a sissy. And sometimes, being the strongest man involves being completely honest with yourself and your weaknesses.
When I was a kid I thought I would: I would be a teacher or a banker. :) Guess which one I picked in the end?
Now that I am older I wish: I would have postponed graduating one more year and taken a study abroad. It would have made my worldview change a lot sooner.
You know you are too old to party when: you start a thought with this sentence! Parties change over time, but if you can't remember how to party... then you can't remember how to have fun!
You know you are too young to retire when: you still have the energy to have fun on a daily basis. :)
When I was in high school I listened to the music of: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, U2... mostly angry teenage angst music.
Nowadays I find I like the music of: Dave Matthews Band. I'm less angry and questioning! I am at peace with myself and my place in the world!
On my last birthday I: had the worst birthday ever! I was rear-ended, had a broken car, it snowed, I lost my car keys, and I was mostly miserable.
On my next birthday I want to: make it worthwhile and do something super productive. Like... perhaps go to Disney World.
The best birthday present I ever got was: hmmm... I dunno. I am still waiting on this one.
The first time I felt grown up was: when I got my title to my car in the mail. I realized it was the first official piece of property that I owned.
The last time I felt like a kid was: it's been awhile...
When I read Love in the Time of Cholera it changed my life. Although it was a read completely inspired by a movie, I love this book a lot. Somehow, the story of how love often involves great patience, hope and passion-- really spoke to me at the time.
Last year was: not as good as it could have been. I am hoping 2009 brings much better things for me.





No comments:
Post a Comment