Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy! (Oh, and Friday Fill In too!)

Today is my dad's 57th birthday... and to that I say, WOWSERS.

My dad's favorite thing to do is to come up to you, get to know you, and then play the "Guess how old I am?" game. Believe it or not, he's aged rather well. Despite not having too much hair left (and really, how can you when you have two daughters?)... he looks pretty good for his age. He and my mom are starting to take better care of themselves health-wise, which means they are trying to eat better and exercise more too. Yay for them! (Because, someone in my family needs to... my sister and I are too busy to be doing that right now!

If I had to try to describe my dad to you... I think the first words that would come out of my mouth would be: he never met a stranger. I think that he is the person I get my "friendly" nature from... even though sometimes he can be a bit much! :) I guess, that's what you and I might call overly friendly. I think the best thing about him is that he does have the quirky-est sense of humor. He's never afraid to be silly (and I have some great pics to prove this!) and he's usually a good sport and handles our teasing pretty well.

That being said, he's not all fun and games. He learned how to work very hard at an early age and has always been the "big brother". This means making tough decisions that no one wants to make, taking care of problems and finding solutions, and having to make sacrifices so that other people will be okay.

He truly is an interesting character. :)

Happy birthday Daddy! I hope you have a great one!

1. The last thing I ate was some Hawaiian pizza and BBQ wings.

2. Groceries are something I recently bought.

3. When it rains, it rains pennies from Heaven. (Scooby-dooby)

4. My dad was the first person I talked to today.

5. Hugs are the best things in the world.

6. Teddy bears always bring extra comfort.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a visit from Bonny and Ben, tomorrow my plans include a visit to Arts Fest and Sunday, I want to finish Ch. 2 (aka the Methods chapter of my dissertation)!

No comments: