So, today started off in a less-than-positive way... my parents and I woke up to find it raining "zoo animals" (to coin a KB phrase) which made it most difficult to a) finish loading up the truck & b) clean the apartment. However, we did the best we could in order for me to run some final errands before heading out of State College for good!
After a speedy lunch at Subway, mom, dad, KB, and myself were off to Winchester, KY for our first leg of the journey. We were really blessed that the rain ended sometime shortly after leaving Cumberland, MD and it was kind of sunny throughout most of WV. However, if you have to travel through WV, I recommend bringing some really good music or having someone with you to talk to because if I would have been driving alone... I might have gone a little crazy! There was NOTHING to look at other than trees and the occasional gas station or "Biscuit World/Gino's Pizza" advertisement on the signs by the side of the road.
BTW... Biscuit World is apparently a staple of WV culture that has been around for 20 years making hot homemade biscuits for you and me! :) Sadly, we were unable to partake in the joy that is Biscuit World, but someday if I am ever in WV (which is HIGHLY unlikely)... I'm going to make it my priority to eat there.
We ended our journey today by stopping for dinner (read: fast meal at Arby's) at some town I don't know the name of (will have to check Dad's receipt for dinner) where I was thrown the "Hook 'em Horns!" sign by some woman flying down the road in a blue Honda civic. This tells me that she was not a TRUE Longhorns fan because you and I know that her car should have been a variation of Burnt Orange. TRUE team fans have cars that are the colors of the schools they adore (AH-HMM! RED HONDA CIVIC WITH TECH PLATES!). We landed in Winchester sometime close to 10pm, making for the end of one LONG day of travel.
Believe me, we were only too relieved to end up in a cushy and comfy hotel bed with a beer to sip on while chilling (Literally! The water was freezing!) in the hotel pool. Tomorrow, we will begin our journey to Memphis, TN by having a "family" breakfast (yes, KB is officially an honorary Lara Family member-- she was initiated earlier today!) and a speedy trip to Wally World.
Here's hoping that the rest of our travels continue to move in a GOOD direction (which, since we're heading to Texas is CLEARLY going to happen anyways, but we'll keep praying for smooth travels w/ NO traffic and NO mean drivers!). Be sure to check out @psurisque and @kellybellew via Twitter for LIVE up to the minute updates while we're travelling! :)
Nighty Night!
1. It's time for me to head to bed.
2. Kentucky; it's not a bad place for people who LOVE horses.
3. I must be crazy for moving to Texas at the end of July.
4. My friends are the best people I have ever known.
5. My parents are simply wonderful for moving me across the country.
6. The last time I laughed really loudly was while KB & I were driving across WV today.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep, tomorrow my plans include travels to Memphis, TN and Sunday, I want to have smooth travels to Garland, TX!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment