Today has been an up and down Monday...
I had an orthodontist appointment, but luckily I really enjoy my ortho man and visiting with him is always a treat. Of course, today happened to be the day he decided to wear his "burnt orange" scrubs (boooooo) which made me wish I would have worn some RED AND BLACK! Oh well, he's still a great guy and I'm going to miss our visits together... but not the braces part, go figure. I actually learned a few things from him today while I was there (and honestly, most of my visits end with some random piece of knowledge I'd never considered...)
Now, if I happen to be wrong about any of this... then someone correct me. Or, better yet... correct him!
1. UT (Texas) chose burnt orange as their school colors because apparently that was the closest they could get to the actual color of a football, as allowed by the NCAA. So, this makes me think that they thought they could "cheat" a little... and I'm not too surprised that they failed at this too. (Bwah ha ha)
2. Smaller colleges really got a benefit from the 30-90 rule (what it was called back in the day... I think it's 85-30 now?) for recruiting purposes. Supposedly, it stated that a school could offer no more than 30 scholarships in one year while maintaining a roster of 90 players. This meant that powerhouse teams could no longer "stack the deck" and paved the way for schools like Tech to kick butt! :)
3. If you happen to get your teeth slenderized (and I hope you don't), the smell that emits from the drill bit is keratin. This is also what your hair has and apparently, the smell of burning hair and slenderized teeth is the same. Go figure!
Needless to say, I can't wait to see what I learn on Thursday when I go in to pick up my retainers. From there, the day tapered off and went on the downhill slope. :( While at East-West Crossings with my friend Elizabeth, I got some not pleasant news. I will spare you the negative details because I'm really hoping that things work out... but in the meantime, please send positive thoughts towards a good resolution! Otherwise, it's going to be ONE LONG FREAKING SUMMER!
That being said, it's time for some Monday Meme-ing. Enjoy!
1. I’ve come to realize that my chest-size. . . is something that I really don't worry about. I just live with what God gave me.
2. I’ve come to realize that my job. . . is something that I really enjoy. I enjoy academia for the most part; it's the egos there that I don't enjoy so much.
3. I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving. . .I am usually singing, chatting on the phone, or cursing someone for driving slow in the passing lane. Don't be that person.
4. I’ve come to realize that I need. . .people in my life. I'm just a people person! Is that such a bad thing?
5. I’ve come that realize that I have lost. . .some good friends along the way, but the best ones out of the bunch have been with me the entire time and are going to stick around for the long-haul.
6. I’ve come to realize that I hate it when. . .I become a pessimist or I get overwhelmed. I hate losing focus on the goal or feeling like there is no solution to whatever mess I seem to have gotten myself into.
7. I’ve come to realize that money... shouldn't make the world go round, but it does. And no one ever has enough of it.
8. I’ve come to realize that certain people. . . always make me smile. Like, YOU!
9. I’ve come to realize that I’ll always. . . make God and my family a priority. I don't know where I'd be without them in my life.
10. I’ve come to realize that my sibling. . . is not me. That was the hardest thing to learn.
11. I’ve come to realize that my mom…is my hero. :) See the Mother's Day post for more "gushing" about how great she is.
12. I’ve come to realize that my cell phone. . . is starting to become attached to my ear. I should do something about that.
13. I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning. . . I was really wishing I'd gone to bed earlier instead of staying up so late for no good reason.
14. I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep. . . I watch WAY too much TV sometimes.
15. I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking. . . about what I am going to eat for dinner, even though I'm not all that hungry. It's the cooking process that gets to me.
16. I’ve come to realize that my dad. . . is not such a bad guy and I'm glad I'm getting to know who he is.
17. I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook. . . I lose more track of time than I should. Stupid Farm Town, Farkle, Bejeweled Blitz...
18. I’ve come to realize that today. . . is a gift. That's why it's called the present. :)
19. I’ve come to realize that tonight. . . I have a lot of work to do.
20. I’ve come to realize that tomorrow. . . I will probably end up sitting at East-West again and you should join me!
21. I’ve come to realize that I really want to. . . go back to Rome. And I'd love to take a Mediterranean cruise...
22. I’ve come to realize that the person mostly likely to repost this is. . . someone I may not know.
23. I’ve come to realize that life. . . has its ups and downs, but what matters is what you focus on and how you see the world.
24. I’ve come to realize that this weekend. . . was not long enough! Fireworks ROCK!
25. I’ve realized the best music to listen to when I am upset. . . is Rage Against the Machine if I'm angry, Dave Matthews if I'm melancholy, or Lily Allen if I'm sad.
26. I’ve come to realize that my friends. . . are some of the best and brightest people I know!
27. I’ve come to realize that this year. . . has gone by WAY too fast!
28. I’ve come to realize that my exes. . . were not for me. And that's okay.
29. I’ve come to realize that maybe I should. . . quit doing these memes. They are starting to become a time-suck!
30. I’ve come to realize that I love. . . learning new things.
31. I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand. . . statistics. Never have. Never will. (Rut-row.)
32. I’ve come to realize my past. . . is fun to look at sometimes, and the best way to learn from your mistakes.
33. I’ve come to realize that parties. . . are great! But, a grump to clean up from.
34. I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified. . . of swimming. (sigh)
35. I’ve come to realize that my life. . . is a work in progress. And I'm okay with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment