Thursday, June 19, 2008

Adjusting...slowly

As of yesterday, I have officially been back in PA for a solid week. During that week, I found the time to get back in the habit of going to the gym, going to church to thank God for the blessings he's given me, celebrate my roommate's birthday, mail quite a few birthday cards, and found out that this weekend will be more jam packed than I even knew it would be.

Go me.

Today I started off my day with a meeting with the advisor. I finally admitted to him that I needed a plan of action... one that would help me actually NAIL DOWN this project and see it through to completion. I mean seriously, I can't keep dragging this out-- no matter how much I want to! I want my family to be able to come up in December (did ya get that people? I have officially given you a graduation date!) and watch me walk. Then, we need to get the heck out of dodge before we get stuck here over the winter break. :) He gave me some goals to achieve in the next few months (read: end of June and July) and then I have to at least have him a draft of something by August 1st. Hooray! Hooray for deadlines!

(Note: please remind me that I was at some point cheering on the deadline when I'm panicking on July 31st.)

The other large thing on my agenda is heading to the dentist to have a small cavity filled. Yes, during my "routine cleaning" yesterday, Dr. Schimmel discovered that I had a "sticking spot" and then when they pulled out the contraption that makes loud buzzing sounds to confirm it... they confirmed the cavity. Now, the debate comes over whether I endure the pain (since it's only a "surface" thing) or opt to go numb. Not to be a wienie, but I did the "endurance" thing last time and it was HIGHLY OVERRATED. I think I might have to endure a shot or something...

We'll see.

Because of this, I have decided to take one day off from the gym. I have been SIX DAYS IN A ROW! Hooray for me! Unfortunately, I haven't lost much of the "vacation weight" I managed to gain during my two and a half weeks in Texas, but I know that will take a little time. I just really need to get back in the habit of eating healthy again... ugh. Healthy. Pbbbt!

Well, now I'm off to the mall to buy some more color-appropriate makeup (I have NO tan this year!) and then it's off to the dentist I go.

Wish me luck!

No comments: