Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blue & White Recap

I think this weekend can be best summed up by this pic:

That's right. That's me sitting on the 50 Yd. line in Beaver Stadium. This weekend, my friends Bonny, Ben, and Julie came to visit me and celebrate Blue & White Weekend 2009. They all arrived on Friday and we were up bright and early... to get stuck in traffic on the way to tailgate.

Worry not though! We were still able to tailgate for a couple of hours and enjoy the LOVELY weather. Although it was hazy, the sun was shining and believe me... our skin proved it to us later in the day. I bought a small propane grill for us and we had yummy burgers and hot dogs, Texas Caviar, Lemon Bars and other yummy tailgate treats.

We eventually headed out to the game and managed to catch the last half, which is why we were able to hop down on the field after it was all said and done. My friend Marcelo and I managed to trek from one End Zone to the other, so does that count as a touchdown? We went back to the tailgate and hung out while traffic cleared out a little and then decided to come back to my house to finish grilling.

We ended our weekend with a trip to the Waffle Shop this morning (LONGEST line ever!) and a quick tour for Ben around campus. We walked downtown and then headed back up the hill so everyone could head back to D.C..

I was so excited that they came to visit and wish it wouldn't have been so whirlwind! Oh, and that I would have taken more pics...

Hope your weekend was as exciting as mine!


No comments: