It's Monday Meme time again! This time, you get to catch a glimpse of me, myself, and I while doing MANY loads of laundry. What fun! :)
Where did you take your profile pic?
That's a pic of my brother chewing on the UNC Tarheel. It was a gift he received when I came home for Thanksgiving last year.
What exactly are you wearing right now?
Black yoga pants, a t-shirt, and flip-flops... I guess you could say I'm in my "Doing Laundry" elegant outfit!
What is your current problem?
A house that needs to be cleaned and work that needs to be done
What makes you happy most?
My friends and family and spending lots of time with them
What’s the name of the song that you’re listening to?
No music yet, I just woke up.
Any celebrity you would marry?
Hmmm... honestly no. As cute as some of them are, I wouldn't really want to be part of that lifestyle. I like being incognito!
Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Marisa Tomei, Tyra Banks, and Jay-Z
Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
When I was in elementary school and part of the choir
Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Occasionally I hear that I resemble JLo... I don't know if it's because that's the ONLY famous Hispanic woman people know, or if I really do. I personally don't think so.
Do you speak any other languages?
Some french (although severely broken) and a little italian and greek (only polite formal phrases like, "Where is the bathroom?")
Has anyone you’ve been really close with passed away?
Yes
Do you ever watch MTV?
Not since they stopped playing MUSIC, as their name would imply they do.
What’s something that really annoys you?
People who are pessimists, overly competitive, or always looking for someone to mess up so they can make themselves feel better about who they are. I have no need for those people.
Middle name:
Reezay
Nickname(s):
Reezay, Risque, Dori-Ori-O
Current location:
Office (at home)
Eye color:
Boring ol' brown
Do you get along with your parent(s):
I think so
Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
Still married after all of these years
Do you have any siblings?
One sister and a furry brother
Ice Cream:
Rocky road, german chocolatekake (via Cold Stone), and other fun flavors like that
Season:
Spring!
Shampoo/conditioner:
Aussie Moist Shampoo & Conditioner
Dance in the shower?
No, singing is where it's at.
Do you write on your hand?
Not since my mom told me that only people in prison do that. Maybe she only said that to break that habit.
Call people back?
Most days, yes.
Believe in love?
100 percent, yes
Any bad habits?
Procrastination, procrastination, and procrastination.
Any mental health issues?
Several, but none diagnosed. :) After all, I am in grad school! You have to be a little insane to embark on that adventure!
Broken a bone?
A couple-- my wrist and a foot, but not at the same time thankfully!
Sprained stuff?
Sure.
Had physical therapy?
Yes
Gotten stitches?
No, just a butterfly.
Taken painkillers?
Not the prescription kind.
Gone scuba diving or snorkeling?
Nope. Gotta learn how to swim first!
Been stung by a bee?
No. And I don't want to bee either.
Thrown up at the dentist?
Nope.
Sworn in front of your parents?
Yeah, and it's another bad habit I should add to that list up there.
Had detention?
Only lunch detention for being late to school (thanks dad)
Last movie seen?
I Love You Man!
Last three people to text you?
Sarah, Caesar, and KB
Last person you called?
The Boy
Last person you hugged?
Some of the girls in the sorority
Last person you tackled?
Haven't lately
Last thing you touched?
Washing machine
Last thing you ate?
Dinner last night
Last thing you drank?
Probably water
Last thing you said?
“I have A LOT of laundry to do today!"
Were you named after anyone?
Yes, my mother's friend from high school.
When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday.
Do you like your handwriting?
Very much. It's not too bad for a left handed person!
What is your favorite lunch meat?
Turkey
Do you have kids?
Nope.
If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Well yes, of course!
Do you use sarcasm?
Now why would someone as fabulous as I need to be sarcastic? Duh.
Do you still have your tonsils?
Just one GIANT tonsil. One ate the other one.
Would you bungee jump?
I would love to if only it didn't involve climbing to a really high place to jump.
What is your favorite cereal?
Don't have one.
Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Nah
What is your favorite number?
2
What is the first thing you notice about a person?
Their smile.
Red or pink?
Pink
What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
My procrastinating nature, and my temper
Whom do you miss the most?
My family and Texas friends. Soon, this will flip-flop and I will be missing everyone up here versus down there!
What are you looking forward to about tomorrow?
Not teaching!
What are you listening to right now?
Roseanne on TV
If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Macaroni and cheese :)
Favorite smells?
Clean laundry, shampoo, a clean house, good perfume and cologne
Favorite sports to watch?
Only one — college football!!!!
Hair color?
Brown
Do you wear contacts?
Yes
Favorite food?
My mother's home cooked food and dad's bbq
Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings
Summer or winter?
Summer
Hugs or kisses?
Both, I’m greedy.
What book are you reading now?
Trying to finish Eat, Pray, Love... don't bother. It ain't that great.
What’s on your mouse pad?
ADPi Lion
What did you watch on TV last night?
Whatever was on TV. Which means, not a darn thing worth watching.
Favorite sounds?
Laughter
Rolling Stones or Beatles?
The Stones
What is the farthest you have been from home?
Reythymno, Crete
Do you have a special talent?
Teaching
Where were you born?
The LBK
Who was your favorite teacher?
I have had quite a few... my most favorite ever is my friend and mentor Dr. Hughes. He has been a valuable resource and I hope to always be close to him. He is an inspiration to me of what a good, well-rounded scholar can be.
What’s your secret?
See that learning to swim thing up there.
What’s your biggest goal/dream?
To finish this dissertation by July 20th. I KNOW I CAN DO IT!





No comments:
Post a Comment