Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Monday Meme

Although I should be getting ready for an Orthodontist's appointment right now (I'll do that here momentarily...), I thought I would take a little time to discuss my Easter holiday and then follow with my traditional Monday Meme.

This weekend I thought about going to D.C. to play with my friends, but since I have been put on a travel ban by The Boy and just about my ENTIRE family ("Just finish, darnit!") to help my progress on the dissertation, I ended up spending the weekend here in S.C.. It wasn't a bad weekend either; I got a lot of work done and just about got all caught up on grading. I was also able to put some effort into the dissertation... AMAZING!

I also cooked quite a delicious Easter dinner; ham, green bean bundles, mashed potatoes, salad, and there was pumpkin cheesecake to round everything out. In all cases, everything was oh-so-yummy, and I was pretty proud of myself!

Easter always reminds me to be thankful for all the blessings that I have, but also that if I'm not really happy with the way things have been going in my life, that NOW is the time for a "rebirth" so to speak! Now is the time to make things happen and get to work on trying to control my own happiness. I promise I'm not about to start preaching here, but these are the thoughts that I have running through my head and therefore... it's time to get a move on!

Happy Monday!

1. What is your current obsession?

Books. Lately I have been reading and purchasing a lot of books. Whether this is to keep me sane while working, I couldn't tell you... but feel free to check out that side column on the blog to let you know what I've been reading.

2. What’s a good coffee place?

Starbucks is okay, but I think my parents make some pretty darn good coffee.

3. Who was the last person that you hugged?

Marcelo.

4. Do you nap a lot?

I wish. I feel too much guilt for letting that happen sometimes.

5. Tonight, what’s for dinner?

Haven't thought that far ahead honestly. I'm sure leftovers from dinner last night.

6. What was the last thing that you bought?

Groceries.

7. What is your favorite weather?

Spring and early summer. About the time when it's 90-100 in the shade is when I'm about done with summer though.

8. Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week?

Kenny and Annie play school a lot!

9. If you were given a free house that was full furnished, where in the world would you like it to be?

Duh! In Texas!

10. Name three things that you could not live without.

God, my family and my friends.

11. What would you like in your hands right now?

Money. And lots of it.

12. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?

Eating out.

13. What would you change or eliminate about yourself?

My motivation to NOT workout... I know I need to be healthy, and yet I have the hardest time motivating myself to do so!

14. As a child, what type of career did you want?

I had a dream of being a banker or a teacher.

15. What are you missing right now?

My family.

16. What are you currently reading?

Eat, Pray, Love

17. What do you fear the most?

Failure

18. What’s the best movie that you’ve seen recently?

Hmmm... it's been awhile since I saw a really good movie. But, I liked the Shopaholic movie. It was cute.

19. What’s your favorite book from the past year?

American Wife-- interesting fictitious account of Laura Bush's life. I still think she's WAY smarter than W.

20. Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy?

Green bean casserole!

No comments: