Never let it be said that a person will never get tired of travelling.
If you saw my Google Talk status message at any point in time this weekend, you know that I am tired of travelling. This past weekend, I travelled a total of 4119. 18 miles and am exhausted to say the least.
Just where did I go?
Well, if you read the previous post you know that I was doing my duty as ME Advisor/Recruitment Advisor/Social Enrichment advisor by taking some of the leaders to their Leadership Conference this weekend in Ellicott City, MD. From there, it was back to Happy Valley for a brief rest and then off to Denver, CO for the Western States Communication Association conference (which was really in Broomfield, CO if we want to get technical... or add an additional 67.08 miles to and from DIA to Broomfield... which yields a final total of: 4186.26 miles).
Believe me, it wasn't a horrible experience. I got to see the mountains of Colorado-- something I haven't seen since I travelled for the TTU Speech & Debate team back in the day. The weather was GORGEOUS too! I just wish I could have stayed longer and enjoyed it too. But, as my friend Kenny said-- "wow! you're diligent!" and I came back in time to teach tomorrow.
Tomorrow's class should be a fun day too... and I'm pretty pumped about it since I saw my SRTE scores today and they are off the hook! People like me here, they really like me! We're actually doing impromptu speeches (which happen to be my favorite) and we'll do a little reviewing as well. Their first speech is rapidly approaching and faster than usual since we only meet two times a week.
Back to the travelling thing though...
The hardest thing to get used to was the time difference... hands down! I'm so used to being an hour ahead that all of a sudden being two hours behind really took a lot out of me! (Particularly when I was flying back last night at a really late hour.) Oh, and there is something to be said for sleeping in your own bed. I speak from experience when I say that the "princess bed" can't be beat!
Speaking of which... I hear it calling me, so off I go!
Nighty night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment