Okay, so even though the title of this blog implies that I'm finally able to settle things down a bit after a hectic week... I guess there are many reasons why I'm still not able to do a quality sigh of relief.
But, a small one works just as well too.
This week I've been busy trying to get students ready for their first round of speeches and also get things done that will help me be successful in the future. And by that I mean I had my first job interview this week.
I've been really reluctant to talk about this because I didn't want to jinx myself, honestly. I've had to deal with a lot of doubt and uncertainty about whether or not I was going to be able to leave PA this year, and there is a small chance that this could happen. I know in the end that as much as it's dependent on my talent and fit with the school that I interviewed for, that it's also dependent on where God wants to take me on my next journey.
I have to admit that I wasn't sure of what I thought of the location of the school I interviewed at on first glance, but at the same time... I'm in no way opposed to it. I think there's a lot of potential for me and I'm actually excited about this possibility of becoming a faculty member here! (If they want me!)
Wow! Me? A FACULTY member?!?! Who'd have thunk!
There are some other interesting things about this location that truly bring it some character as well...
1. There are three news stations and the last remaining family owned newspaper left in the state.
2. It has one of the largest medical centers (or the largest number may be more fitting...) for this area as well.
3. There are OVER 250 restaurants in this city alone.
4. This is the first year that the school is eligible to compete in their division of the NCAA playoffs... and it looks like they might do really really well! (And, I got to meet the women's basketball coach yesterday too... she seemed really nice!)
There are some other things that I really wish I could share on this blog, but I think you should just ask me if you really REALLY want to know! :)
Yesterday, I got a view of what life would be like as a "grown-up"... on my own (for a little while until the boy can come play!), not in grad school... and I can honestly say, I'm excited about the possibilities.
This is what I've been trained to do.
This is what I've spent LOTS of $$$ trying to work towards.
Most of all... this is why I believe God gave me the talent to help me succeed in this field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment