Friday, June 19, 2009

A Bonny B. Friday Fill-In

Hi everyone!

Today is my friend Bonny's birthday and I am SO excited that I will get to celebrate it with her ALL WEEKEND LONG! That's right, I am temporarily walking away from working on the dissertation to celebrate her 29th birthday-- since it's highly likely I won't be in the area to celebrate her 30th with her :( But, we' re not going to think about that now!

Although we were praying for good weather, it looks like Mother Nature has remembered that summer is happening in some parts of the U.S. but not others (like, the East Coast!). I think that overall, I am going to count my blessings and just be happy I'm not suffering in 103 degree temps like My Boy is!

Happy Birthday Bonnolin! We love you!

1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting the most random things to happen.

2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a pig that can fly.

3. Satisfaction is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time.

4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy ducking and running.

5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine love and compassion.

6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without butter or spices in it.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a drive to D.C., tomorrow my plans include lounging pool side and hoping for sunny weather and Sunday, I want to count my blessings for the good weekend I had!

No comments: